• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your retirement numbers don't include anyone on leave?

Many senior FO's could hold captain and don't bid it. Many prefer to hold a line, or they are IRO's and like flying to Europe.

Therefore if you are willing to be on reserve, group II captain does reach down to 67% on the last bid award of active pilots. There are many FO's senior to that person that are still FO's... (see above)

You think it is going to take 8 years to upgrade for a 2012 hire vs. my 5. OK, I will split it with you... 6.5 years.

"If you are willing to be on reserve". That the key issue. Basically it goes two ways: Live in base and be on reserve=not bad, but commute to reserve with our present working conditons= it reallyyyyy sucks!!!!.

Me personally since I commute to work I'll just stay F/O for the QAL for the time being. To me is not worth being left seat and hating my life being a bottom feeder captain. But that's just me.

Your desperation would be amusing if it wasn't so sad.[/QUOTE

Like the United/Continental, American etc...pilots I do want a new contract but like at United/Continental and American it takes time these Republican days so you are right, I'm as desperate as the 1000's and 1000's of pilots at those airlines. Thanks for making me feel better cause misery loves company and NO westies I'm not taking your beloved Kirby proposal...why do you love your AWA management so much? I'll never understand it, I bet your beloved CEO is drinking and driving right now.

Your desperation would be amusing if it wasn't so sad.

Hey, we really need to thank these easties. They're subsidizing our airline. Our jobs are all that more secure thanks to them. Thanks for taking one for the team guys! You're the best! :laugh: Hee Hee

You are welcome preparation Hpilot.
Those hot Phx days giving you flare-ups again.

M

Hey, we really need to thank these easties. They're subsidizing our airline. Our jobs are all that more secure thanks to them. Thanks for taking one for the team guys! You're the best! :laugh: Hee Hee

I was cleaning out the basement recently and in an old box I found some of my old airline crap. What's cool is I saved two Salary Survey magazines one from Future Airline Pilots of America (FAPA) dated 1989-1990 and one from AIR INC dated one decade later, 19999-2000. WOW you AWA guys really subsidized your airline. It is shocking how small your 757 rates and other benies were. Granted that for the first survey you guys were what 7 or 8 years old? So maybe you could be forgiven for that but at 18 years old you were still dragging the industry down quite a bit. Why? At 18 years old your ALPA reps had the negotiatimg power of Mesa. Enjoy your ALPA negotiated contract that you are still working under.

I think a lot of you westicles were so excited about Praters "Taking it Back" campaign (United pilots are still very excited about that one) but in order to "Take it Back" you would have had to have it in the first place, which you didn't. The next contract that you work under, no matter how and when it happens will be so very much better than you ever had in your life.

US Airways has reached rock bottom and it is solid—There is no where left to go but up!

AA merger? That would be fine. Majority rules and APA would bring everyone East/West/3rd List/AA Pilots together with little conflict. The prospects of finally working for a decent carrier would prove to bring everyone together. If 3rd list guys don't care about East vs West, why would AA pilots?

The word at US Air is soon going to be, "out with the old & in with the new; lets move on."

I think a lot of you westicles were so excited about Praters "Taking it Back" campaign (United pilots are still very excited about that one) but in order to "Take it Back" you would have had to have it in the first place, which you didn't. The next contract that you work under, no matter how and when it happens will be so very much better than you ever had in your life.

HAHAHHAHAHHAH! :laugh: No thanks, your idiot USAPA negotiators are giving away things that we have in the west contract. All for their precious DOH(including furloughs). I'm good with separate ops for a looong time. I'm good here. You guys will have plenty of retirements and can enjoy the movement. Yes, you do have the industry's worst contract, but hey you can't have everything. Hee Hee, better contract from UCRAPA, you guys crack me up.

Latest resources

Back