• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot/FA Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B. Bewley is the last pilot to make the 10/25 class.

No homebrew for any of you. More for me, which I will need, as I continue to taste the sheeot end of the stick.

I hear 2 pilots balked after accepting recall on 9/6/10 and the slots were filled at teh last minute. Do that again.

Funk me running.

B. Bewley is the last pilot to make the 10/25 class.

No homebrew for any of you. More for me, which I will need, as I continue to taste the sheeot end of the stick.

I hear 2 pilots balked after accepting recall on 9/6/10 and the slots were filled at teh last minute. Do that again.

Funk me running.

Does that include the extra 15?

Does that include the extra 15?

I think that is the original 40. I don't think they have started to call the 15 yet. It is almost to the bottom of the east list (10 -15left). They are going to have start going down the west list to get those 15.

Been in the school house for a bit now. All previously mentioned new hires the company plans on bringing aboard next year will be for the east operation due to the companies interpretation of the new rest rules and how they'll affect international and IRO staffing......no love for the west again.

I think that is the original 40. I don't think they have started to call the 15 yet. It is almost to the bottom of the east list (10 -15left). They are going to have start going down the west list to get those 15.

Correct. Dori says that there was a total of 12 losers like me who indicated they would return, but were not given an opportunitah to do so with this second group of 20.

It would seem that the above poster is correct, assuming no one changes their mind, 3 from the West would join our sad parade of large small RJ pukes with small small payrates, a post/post bankrupcy contract, and a probationary pilot's comfort level.

As I fully intend to sink into a drunken stupor, having worked out my some frustrations on a big azz pile of stumps that needed splitting and stacking, I suppose I will check out of FI.com for a while. I have no desire to be banned from this site, like I periodically do from most others due sharing my honest and heartfelt thoughts on a great many topics.

Insert line from that ghey Jetblow FA - "mhea"
or
"Screw you guys, I'm goin' home." E. Cartman 1998-????

Last edited:
Correct. Dori says that there was a total of 12 losers like me who indicated they would return, but were not given an opportunitah to do so with this second group of 20.

It would seem that the above poster is correct, assuming no one changes their mind, 3 from the West would join our sad parade of large small RJ pukes with small small payrates, a post/post bankrupcy contract, and a probationary pilot's comfort level.

As I fully intend to sink into a drunken stupor, having worked out my some frustrations on a big azz pile of stumps that needed splitting and stacking, I suppose I will check out of FI.com for a while. I have no desire to be banned from this site, like I periodically do from most others due sharing my honest and heartfelt thoughts on a great many topics.

Insert line from that ghey Jetblow FA - "mhea"
or
"Screw you guys, I'm goin' home." E. Cartman 1998-????

So Dori indicated there would be a class of 15 in November? By the way, if what you said earlier is correct, and Bewley is the junior guy in the October class, then there are 16 guys junior to him on the East list. Also, if there is a November class, then they will again start at the top of the list to fill the class. Its anyone's guess how many that previously bypassed will change their mind and take the recall.

Do the new hires that were put out west get bypassed for east newhires?

Your question is a bit confusing but I think I understand what your are asking.

New hires that were placed on the West in 2008 are now considered West pilots for recall purposes. If there are West recalls they will get offered a West position in seniority order. If there are East recalls and the East list is exhausted then West furloughed pilots will be offered East positions in seniority order. For better or worse, new hires place on the West will be the very last to be offered a recall.

Latest resources

Back