• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot/FA Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I haz a mole on the inside. It is a PBS message. I was not there long enough to even know what that means, mate!

The westies will soon be given a call! Good for them too! Unfortunately, their 3-5 year longevity will not mean diddly squat on the E-190.

Who's thirsty?

Psssshht! Black Cherry Porter

You will be swinging gear for those 3-5 year westies soon enough. Congrats on the recall.

You will be swinging gear for those 3-5 year westies soon enough. Congrats on the recall.

We can only hope so. That will mean a new contract, an end to this current mess we're in, and the seniority list being put back in the right order... I'll even break down and buy the first beer for those guys when the time comes (expecting them to buy the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th... :D )

Another source told me last week to look for up to 300 new hires in 2011. At least, that is the rumor in the training dept.....

We can only hope so. That will mean a new contract, an end to this current mess we're in, and the seniority list being put back in the right order... I'll even break down and buy the first beer for those guys when the time comes (expecting them to buy the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th... :D )

Another source told me last week to look for up to 300 new hires in 2011. At least, that is the rumor in the training dept.....

Don't listen to this guy.....he's a convert! :laugh:

So, let me know how this summary is:
40 west recalls, 55 east recalls. Classes for all scheduled into October, except the recently announced 15, who aren't scheduled into a class yet. All east recalls get 190, because current 190 drivers bid the group 2 slots since 190 has no seat lock. West recalls get west aircraft (320 or 737).
Almost all furloughs have been offered recall, because many are passing while available slots are 190. Soon, US will hire. Either from the pool of patient wholly-owned's, or from street, or most likely both. Rumors are saying 300 new-hires next year. Probably for the summer?
Some questions:
* is there really no seat lock on the 190? Wouldn't that be a training department nightmare?
* with 95 offered recall, that leaves roughly 120 on the street? Of those, how many are east, how many west?
* how is life on the 190? Anyone here currently fly it for US?
* wasn't there a CLT crewnews recently? Any juice?
Thanks for the input.

So, let me know how this summary is:
40 west recalls, 55 east recalls. Classes for all scheduled into October, except the recently announced 15, who aren't scheduled into a class yet. All east recalls get 190, because current 190 drivers bid the group 2 slots since 190 has no seat lock. West recalls get west aircraft (320 or 737).
Almost all furloughs have been offered recall, because many are passing while available slots are 190. Soon, US will hire. Either from the pool of patient wholly-owned's, or from street, or most likely both. Rumors are saying 300 new-hires next year. Probably for the summer?
Some questions:
* is there really no seat lock on the 190? Wouldn't that be a training department nightmare?
* with 95 offered recall, that leaves roughly 120 on the street? Of those, how many are east, how many west?
* how is life on the 190? Anyone here currently fly it for US?
* wasn't there a CLT crewnews recently? Any juice?
Thanks for the input.

There is a 1 year seat lock on the 190. You can bypass the 190, but not a group 2 when they are recalling from the bottom up.

There is only a PHL base on the 190 now. Most would say life sucks due to the pay issue. The good news we will be hiring off the street soon and guys will be able to move up to group 2. New hire pay is $36,000 for the first year anyway.

Crews news was last Wednesday and posted on Wings. I was there. A PSA guy got up a rambled on for 10 minutes and Parker finnaly pulled a Larry King "What's your question?" pretty funny.

My sentiments exactly!

There is a 1 year seat lock on the 190. You can bypass the 190, but not a group 2 when they are recalling from the bottom up.

There is only a PHL base on the 190 now. Most would say life sucks due to the pay issue. The good news we will be hiring off the street soon and guys will be able to move up to group 2. New hire pay is $36,000 for the first year anyway.

Crews news was last Wednesday and posted on Wings. I was there. A PSA guy got up a rambled on for 10 minutes and Parker finnaly pulled a Larry King "What's your question?" pretty funny.

If they hire that PSA Dude, they must have a hole in their head. He appeared to be a gay PSA F/A.

M

Dood, that crap just ain't gonna win you no friends nor make you any hay. Ghey people are some of the funniest, bravest and honest I have met. Tragic and personally objectionable or not.

You can do better then that, no? Also, PSA pile its can suck it, the undercutting, Mesa within a wholly owned bunch a beeotches. No love.

This bit of diatribe was brought to you by the letters W and B. My compatriot White Bob brewed me a Belgian Tripel. 9.2% ABV and descrumptious!

The pay is $36000 the first year, unless you are on the 190. Then it's $41 per hour. This may be better or worse than 36K depending on the situation. During my one year at Airways I didn't fly much and was always getting min guarantee, with a whopping take home for the year of $34K and some change.

I think you are in the training department, so can you confirm newhires in 2011?

Latest resources

Back