• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Management and America West Pilots to Open Separate Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
340's for PHX huh??? That's a good one. I believe Tempe has had a chance at a couple of 340's, but when looking at overall cost they have declined to get them. I believe we are supposed to start the China route in less than a year??? The FCTI's ground school was cancelled, Tempe came out and stated they can't find 340's on the market because Boeing is late with the 787?!?!?!? Interesting, there are airplanes listed on speednews, so would imagine there's some out there available. The key though is Tempe can't get them at fire sale prices, so they have heartburn over, getting the right equipment to do the job, (see a recuring theme here, with res crossover and a bunch of other crap) Anyways, last anyone has said is a A330, severely weight limited, possibly some relief if they can do it via a polar route, not as bad weight limited.

So what's the significance of sect. 6 negotiations??? I believe everything must be status quo until the vote is over???

I actually think this one has six to eight months in it -- maybe more!

PIPE

....in that case it may outlive ALPA.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The East Scabs have no intention of complying with their legal obligations as outlined in the Trans. agreement.

If the Scabs don't mind working for 1993 BK payrates, I say let em.

"Scabs"? I didn't know there was a picket line that had been crossed. Are the former AWA pilots on strike?

Can't be...I heard a "Cactus" call sign on the freq this morning...

I haven't seen any pictures of any picket line on the cover of the ALPA magazine...

"Scabs"? I didn't know there was a picket line that had been crossed. Are the former AWA pilots on strike?

Can't be...I heard a "Cactus" call sign on the freq this morning...

I haven't seen any pictures of any picket line on the cover of the ALPA magazine...

....ALPA true believers call anyone who disagrees with ALPA "scabs"....this despite the fact there are actual picket line crossing scabs who have held ALPA positions in the past few years.....

...anyone else see the irony......:rolleyes:

So what's the significance of sect. 6 negotiations???
This is basically a political move. Per ALPA bylaws a new CBA has to be ratified by both sides. If ALPA goes away so too does that requirement. And the USAPA people know this. Since they would try to make our lives as difficult as possible we're having to make pre-emptive moves to discourage Easties from voting USAPA.

Plus, the Easties have been demanding pay parity with the West despite having withdrawn from joint negotiations so this is a dose of their own medicine.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back