• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Management and America West Pilots to Open Separate Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Scabs"? I didn't know there was a picket line that had been crossed. Are the former AWA pilots on strike?

Can't be...I heard a "Cactus" call sign on the freq this morning...

I haven't seen any pictures of any picket line on the cover of the ALPA magazine...

One does not have to cross a picket line to be a legit scab. That's clearly defined in Websters Dictionary of you care to check. As a group, USAPA's singular goal in this world is to bust the ALPA union, and force some kind of advantage solely at the expense of the West. USAPA does not even try to pretend that they will lift a finger to represent any west pilot. That makes them organized scabs.

Binding is Binding...unless you're a scab and then it all becomes about "me first". The West didn't cause a scintilla of harm to the East...they don't owe them anything...USAPA wants to staple all of AMW because they're delusional enough to believe that a simple majority gives them the right to rape. In the end, USAPA is going to get creamed in court and this whole thing will probably end up costing the scabs the remainder of their pathetic careers.

USAPA is without question, a scab organization no matter how anybody tries to spin it.

Last edited:
....ALPA true believers call anyone who disagrees with ALPA "scabs"....this despite the fact there are actual picket line crossing scabs who have held ALPA positions in the past few years.....

I don't call them SCABS because that's an insult to Scabs.

To me they're more of a festering, pus filled, lesion; the kind where maggots enter the larval stage and begin eating the living flesh of the otherwise healthy host....

No, not Scabs at all....

Binding is Binding...

Didn't ALPA file a lawsuit against the binding arbitration in the Alaska arbitration.....I guess "binding is binding" only applies when ALPA agrees.....

One does not have to cross a picket line to be a legit scab. That's clearly defined in Websters Dictionary of you care to check. As a group, USAPA's singular goal in this world is to bust the ALPA union, and force some kind of advantage solely at the expense of the West. USAPA does not even try to pretend that they will lift a finger to represent any west pilot. That makes them organized scabs.

Binding is Binding...unless you're a scab and then it all becomes about "me first". The West didn't cause a scintilla of harm to the East...they don't owe them anything...USAPA wants to staple all of AMW because they're delusional enough to believe that a simple majority gives them the right to rape. In the end, USAPA is going to get creamed in court and this whole thing will probably end up costing the scabs the remainder of their pathetic careers.

USAPA is without question, a scab organization no matter how anybody tries to spin it.

Well, don't have a dog in this fight, but I at least want to get what you are saying clear here. Since the AA pilots left alpa, because they did not agree with alpa, and did not think that it represented their best interests, and formed their own union, the APA, does that also make them 'scabs' in your view??

Just wondering?

DA

Didn't ALPA file a lawsuit against the binding arbitration in the Alaska arbitration.....I guess "binding is binding" only applies when ALPA agrees.....

Excellent point. That law suit was thrown out by the judge. Just like USAPAs will because, in a court of law, "binding is binding".

Excellent point. That law suit was thrown out by the judge. Just like USAPAs will because, in a court of law, "binding is binding".

.....doesn't alter the fact that even ALPA doesn't believe in "binding arbitration".....

Well, don't have a dog in this fight, but I at least want to get what you are saying clear here. Since the AA pilots left alpa, because they did not agree with alpa, and did not think that it represented their best interests, and formed their own union, the APA, does that also make them 'scabs' in your view??

Just wondering?

DA

Good Question. Absolutely not. Why? because APA was formed for the aggregate benefit for all members. USAPA is trying to force their will, (doh) on the west because they think they can due to the fact that they have a larger group. USAPA are scabs because the only reason they exist, is to steal what AWA pilots have rightfully earned. Watch the vote. When it comes in 99.9% against USAPA on the West, and 96% For USAPA on the East, the entire scab story is told.

This isn't an "independent union" this is a union busting machine that wants to consume what ever they please because they feel entitled. They're feel entitled to feed like a parasite on the careers of the west because they were too stupid to stay at AAA.

Binding is Binding.

Last edited:
.....doesn't alter the fact that even ALPA doesn't believe in "binding arbitration".....

Who gives a F**k what ALPA "believes"? This will go to court, where USAPA, (and probably US Airways depending on how far they entertain the scabs) will get their asses handed to them. I know what you're implying, but it's meaningless.

This is basically a political move. Per ALPA bylaws a new CBA has to be ratified by both sides. If ALPA goes away so too does that requirement. And the USAPA people know this. Since they would try to make our lives as difficult as possible we're having to make pre-emptive moves to discourage Easties from voting USAPA.

Plus, the Easties have been demanding pay parity with the West despite having withdrawn from joint negotiations so this is a dose of their own medicine.

We are way past political move here. You see, we have been trying for months to get the east to honor the transition agreement which they signed but they flt out refused. We went to the company as tried toget some resolve but thecompany would not talk nor would they force the east to honor the agreement. They instead reeped the benefits of BK contracts while setting up golden parachutes. All the investors have made their money so nothing to lose there.

USAir will be gone in 24 months as a result of this garbage and not a soul will miss them.

WD.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back