• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know if Airways has hired Regional First Officers who have not finished their four year degree? I have owned a small business, started a family and never managed to finish my degree. I do have several internal recommendations however which of course means nothing!

They have hired a few FO's at Regionals but the ones I know of have had 4 year degrees and were from the WO's. And internal recs mean a ton. Good Luck.

The last bid award was published tonight. There are 74 unfilled positions. 38 on the E-190 in PHL. And the other 36 are Airbus and 737 positions in CLT, DCA and PHL...

This bid also saw the first 3rd listers (New hires hired post AWA merger) make E-190 Captain...

So did I. The question on the accidents and incidents was confusing. It went something like "I hereby certify that I have not been involved in an accident, incident or violation of FAA rules..."

Yes or No.

How did you all answer that?

I put YES, as in, I certify that I have not been involved in an accident, incident, etc.

Then, the next 4 questions have to deal with this subject. So confusing! Probably ruined my chance right there.

This is the most poorly written question on the application. I answered yes and it also asked a series of questions regarding incidents accident violations etc. Has anyone Answered NO to this question? This could lead one to believe a person is inadvertently disqualifying themselves on the basis they SELECTED "Yes". Does it mean YES I certify I have NOT had an incident? Or NO I am NOT certifying I have NOT been involved in an incident? HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE question.

Last edited:
This is the most poorly written question on the application. I answered yes and it also asked a series of questions regarding incidents accident violations etc. Has anyone Answered NO to this question? This could lead one to believe a person is inadvertently disqualifying themselves on the basis they SELECTED "Yes". Does it mean YES I certify I have NOT had an incident? Or NO I am NOT certifying I have NOT been involved in an incident? HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE question.

Ok, I answered the same way, Yes I certify that I did not do these things. So I am guessing that maybe when they realize that all of us answered this way followed be a few N/A's, it would make sense, I only hope.

Good luck all

The last bid award was published tonight. There are 74 unfilled positions. 38 on the E-190 in PHL. And the other 36 are Airbus and 737 positions in CLT, DCA and PHL...

This bid also saw the first 3rd listers (New hires hired post AWA merger) make E-190 Captain...

FWIW-technically the bottom 2 E-190 captains are not 3rd listers. Both of them were MDA but they left MDA before we were "blessed" mainline and were offered their positions back at the bottom before off-the-street hiring started in 2007. Both of them were senior to me at the WO and MDA but are now junior to me.

FWIW-technically the bottom 2 E-190 captains are not 3rd listers. Both of them were MDA but they left MDA before we were "blessed" mainline and were offered their positions back at the bottom before off-the-street hiring started in 2007. Both of them were senior to me at the WO and MDA but are now junior to me.

Actually I'll split the difference with you... :)

The second to the bottom (BB) Did in fact get back to ML at the bottom of the list (3 pilots did that). But the last guy (JE) while at ALG, hired directly into mainline and didn't do MDA. He resigned from ALG...

Actually I'll split the difference with you... :)

The second to the bottom (BB) Did in fact get back to ML at the bottom of the list (3 pilots did that). But the last guy (JE) while at ALG, hired directly into mainline and didn't do MDA. He resigned from ALG...

Yes your right. Now I remember JE leaving for a fractional before MDA. So yes the last 190 CA on the May bid is a 3rd lister.

You say there were only 3 that came back? So BB (started a business) and I know PDc (went to NA) was another. Who is the 3rd? JW?

Last edited:
Yes your right. Now I remember JE leaving for a fractional before MDA. So yes the last 190 CA on the May bid is a 3rd lister.

You say there were only 3 that came back? So BB (started a business) and I know PDc (went to NA) was another. Who is the 3rd? JW?

Should be a lot of stagnation for them. Remember the west is still owed 1/3 of all captain slots on the e-190.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back