• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What interviewing.....isn't there still like 1700 AA/ TWA guys sitting around waiting for recall?

Won't recent newhires be placed behind existing AA pilots awaiting recall in the eventual seniority list? Will there be a "longevity" component to the merged list? Just the idea of merging those lists (especially with the America West NIC award issue) gives me a headache....

Some lawyers and HR consultants are gonna make some big money $$$$$ on this merger....

I am sure before they start off the street hiring again they will have to offer recalls first. I am sure a lot of the AA guys that have been furloughed for many years and are Captains in Spirit, Jetblue etc. will wait to come back. I am sure off the street hiring will start by summer.

What interviewing.....isn't there still like 1700 AA/ TWA guys sitting around waiting for recall?

I think the hiring will stop in the not too distant future. All the American furloughees must be offered a position, and there are still around 40 West furloughees that must be offered a position as well.

Then you have the Eagle flowthru guys... Not sure how that will work or it's impact on hiring. Hopefully that becomes a little clearer soon.

Also you have pilots at the US Airways Wholly Owned Carriers PDT and PSA. PDT just reached a TA for a new pilot contract. Here is an interesting quote from that announcement when discussing contract improvements agreed to:

Maybe most important, a new career progression framework provides well-defined and guaranteed opportunities for mainline jobs in a document that Group signs and which is binding on it.

I think there will still be some more new hires in the short term until the merger actually starts integrating the operation.

Won't recent newhires be placed behind existing AA pilots awaiting recall in the eventual seniority list? Will there be a "longevity" component to the merged list? Just the idea of merging those lists (especially with the America West NIC award issue) gives me a headache....

Some lawyers and HR consultants are gonna make some big money $$$$$ on this merger....

It will be interesting to see how they deal with this section of the list. There are many AA pilots that passed recall and are senior to pilots that took the recall. If those senior pilots do come back at a later date, they will be placed in their original position. The question becomes what happens to the guys that were never offered recall. I think there are around 500 - 600 of those pilots.

Indeed many may not come back, however, they also have the 13.5% stake to consider. If they take the recall before the company actually exits bankruptcy, they stand to get a bonus in excess of $100,000... That may change the decision making for some...

So did I. The question on the accidents and incidents was confusing. It went something like "I hereby certify that I have not been involved in an accident, incident or violation of FAA rules..."

Yes or No.

How did you all answer that?

I put YES, as in, I certify that I have not been involved in an accident, incident, etc.

Then, the next 4 questions have to deal with this subject. So confusing! Probably ruined my chance right there.

Latest resources

Back