• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plus...however many west FOs there are..then that time doubles.

There are not as many of West FOs as you think. They all won't be willing to commute for reserve Group II Captain unless a PHX reduction forces them to do so. Call me an optimist, but after new rest rules and newAA international growth to Asia, Australia and Africa it'll be a mute point.

How soon til a new hire can hold a group 3 airplane as fo?

Early 2011 3rd list pilots will be holding 757/767 reserve this Fall. That would make Group 3 equipment is a 2yr 7mo wait.

The caveat is how many 767s will US Airways loose and will they be offset equally by a330 deliveries? ?I think so.

Its really a turn of irony that two airlines people snubbed over just 10 years ago (US and SWA) are now the ones to get on with. Good luck everybody!

I don't know if SWA is the "place to be" anymore, especially if you're an off the street newhire.

and as far as the us 767s, I know for a fact that three are going away this year, they are however replacing them with 3 a330s.

That 5-6 years doesn't see right. 750 retirees in the next 5 years. And I'm guessing this 5-6 yr figure doesn't include the inevitable addition of west pilots.

East is planning on hiring 1250 pilots in the next 4 years according to the #3 dude at HQ.

30 per month indefinitely except for Holidays ( and the Super Bowl).

Everyday that passes with your name not on a seniority list at a major airline is another day wasted in your career.

The new American is the best career progression available at this time.

East is planning on hiring 1250 pilots in the next 4 years according to the #3 dude at HQ.

30 per month indefinitely except for Holidays ( and the Super Bowl).

30 per month isn't going to cut it.
The august bid had 104 new hires and since the bid came out they have only had 2 or 3 classes with about 10 guys in it.
Last week in CLT we had more days than not with 0 reserves available.

30 per month isn't going to cut it.
The august bid had 104 new hires and since the bid came out they have only had 2 or 3 classes with about 10 guys in it.
Last week in CLT we had more days than not with 0 reserves available.

I keep hearing the training center is running at full capacity, but I just don't see it. 10 pilots every 2 weeks shouldn't be that difficult. They withhold 190 fos from airbus training, and only hire 3 or 4 new hires into the 190.

How many in each class? Do you foresee more AB than E190 slots coming up? Besides the fact it's a cross country commute do you know if the PHX to CLT or PHL commute is tough ?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back