• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I said (later---probably should have said so earlier) I am going by what is on airlinepilotcentral.
First year pay would not be a big deal, IF second year FO pay was in the 90's or darn close to it.
I have no beef with US Air or any of its pilot groups. Just saying that anyone jumping in feet first with the sole reason being TODAY'S upgrade time may be in for a big disappointment.
If I saw a much higher second year pay than I see on airlinepilotcentral, heck I'd be applying too. But after seeing so many things go "the other way" in this industry, I'm a little more (perhaps too much) cautious. Don't take my lack of enthusiasm about the upgrade time of TODAY as a sign of disdain toward US Airways....I'd be applying there too if I had a better war chest saved up.

Second year pay in January will 83/hr and in 2016 99/hr. Third year pay in 2016 120/hr.

Again, today's upgrade time is very long. 190 CA pays the same as bus fo so these 2 year guys are not making any additional money.

Second year pay in January will 83/hr and in 2016 99/hr. Third year pay in 2016 120/hr.

Again, today's upgrade time is very long. 190 CA pays the same as bus fo so these 2 year guys are not making any additional money.

That sounds more respectable...in that case I say go for it. I have been out of the airlines so long that all the info I get is airlinepilotcentral.

I don't think the numbers are as far apart as you may think. I think the following is what a new-hire can expect if hired right now:

The seat-lock for the 190 is 12 months. It's reasonable to expect being a group 2 F/O the second year. Let's assume an upgrade on the 190 doesn't happen (Note: The 190 CA does pay group 2 F/O rates at top of scale, but around the 2-5 years the 190 CA pays $10-15 more than group 2 F/O).

1st year pay: $40.00/hr.
2nd year pay: $83.76/hr.
3rd year pay: $104.36/hr.
4th year pay: $124.57/hr.

I don't think it unreasonable to expect to be able to hold group 3 or 4 F/O around 5 years which is close to $170.00/hr...

I think the low 1st year pay is greatly outweighed by the future earning potential. And I suspect around the 5 year mark, the pay will be basically the same as Delta and United. I think it's more reasonable to base a decision on QOL issues. How long will reserve last? Where will you be based? etc...

Like I said (later---probably should have said so earlier) I am going by what is on airlinepilotcentral.
First year pay would not be a big deal, IF second year FO pay was in the 90's or darn close to it.
I have no beef with US Air or any of its pilot groups. Just saying that anyone jumping in feet first with the sole reason being TODAY'S upgrade time may be in for a big disappointment.
If I saw a much higher second year pay than I see on airlinepilotcentral, heck I'd be applying too. But after seeing so many things go "the other way" in this industry, I'm a little more (perhaps too much) cautious. Don't take my lack of enthusiasm about the upgrade time of TODAY as a sign of disdain toward US Airways....I'd be applying there too if I had a better war chest saved up.

Your advice is terrible. Aside from the basic premise that you take the first one that calls, the rates on APC don't factor in the increases, they're posting the rates based on this year's snapshot of the MOU. The rates increase each year until 2016.

Here's what you should be looking at...

Anybody hired since January will make, as a narrowbody FO, the following rates after the sacrifice of year one...
Year 2 - $83.76 and 16% in to the 401k
Year 3 - $104.36 and 16%
Year 4 - $124.57 and 16%
Year 5 - $127.65 and 16% and a Parity Review.

Who cares about upgrade, that'll come soon enough. Telling someone to stay at a regional or fractional until Delta or UAL calls is bad advice. Even under the current rates, Airways is a better option than any regional out there. Will Delta be the best in 3 decades? Who knows. Will American be the top in 3 decades? Who knows. They might not even be around. But to skip going to one place because of a $20/hr difference in first year pay while completely ignoring the number of retirements, movement, base options, and the hope that Delta will call is idiotic.

[Edit]Looks like I'm the 4th to post what the rates will be, sorry for the duplicate info...

Why is anyone trying to convince anyone to go anywhere. If you don't want to go, don't.

Why is anyone trying to convince anyone to go anywhere. If you don't want to go, don't.

I think some of us are just trying to counter some misinformation. I, for one, am not trying to convince anyone to come here. However, for those that are considering it, I'd like to see them have the facts.

Additionally, I think many of us have been at the top end of a regional seniority list and I think most of us would agree it was worth giving that up to come here.

I think some of us are just trying to counter some misinformation. I, for one, am not trying to convince anyone to come here. However, for those that are considering it, I'd like to see them have the facts.

Additionally, I think many of us have been at the top end of a regional seniority list and I think most of us would agree it was worth giving that up to come here.

Like I've said before I wouldn't go back to asa if they let me be the number 1 pilot at the top of the pay scale.

Your advice is terrible. Aside from the basic premise that you take the first one that calls, the rates on APC don't factor in the increases, they're posting the rates based on this year's snapshot of the MOU. The rates increase each year until 2016.

Here's what you should be looking at...

Anybody hired since January will make, as a narrowbody FO, the following rates after the sacrifice of year one...
Year 2 - $83.76 and 16% in to the 401k
Year 3 - $104.36 and 16%
Year 4 - $124.57 and 16%
Year 5 - $127.65 and 16% and a Parity Review.

Who cares about upgrade, that'll come soon enough. Telling someone to stay at a regional or fractional until Delta or UAL calls is bad advice. Even under the current rates, Airways is a better option than any regional out there. Will Delta be the best in 3 decades? Who knows. Will American be the top in 3 decades? Who knows. They might not even be around. But to skip going to one place because of a $20/hr difference in first year pay while completely ignoring the number of retirements, movement, base options, and the hope that Delta will call is idiotic.

[Edit]Looks like I'm the 4th to post what the rates will be, sorry for the duplicate info...

Remember I said I was going by ALPC. I was unaware of the seat lock only being 12 months, much less of therapid movement to other fleets. I was looking at yr 5 in the 190 at $^&...less than the guys are making at some of the regionals right now.
But I had bad info so it's a non issue now...read the last post I put up, where I stood corrected and said go for it. Finish the thread before posting.

Remember I said I was going by ALPC. I was unaware of the seat lock only being 12 months, much less of therapid movement to other fleets. I was looking at yr 5 in the 190 at $^&...less than the guys are making at some of the regionals right now.
But I had bad info so it's a non issue now...read the last post I put up, where I stood corrected and said go for it. Finish the thread before posting.

Airbus Upgrade is projected at 5-6 years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back