• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's only been around 200 or so since 9/11.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was hired in 2007 and there are more than 300 below me and that doesn't even count the CEL guys hired before me that were post 9/11 so your guess is a little low

I was hired in 2007 and there are more than 300 below me and that doesn't even count the CEL guys hired before me that were post 9/11 so your guess is a little low

I stand corrected, then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The latest published base bid award had 374 pilots with hire dates after 9-11. It also had 74 open positions. The open positions are the pilots being hired now. Once those positions are filled, that would equal about 450 pilots hired since 9-11...

Awwww Genny,
Wassamatter U,
I currently live in a place that most people only get to visit a few times in a lifetime, shorts and t-shirts for most of the year. I am sorry that you have to sit in the basement while "Uncle Steve" plays hide the salami with your mom, I hope you have some awesome Jonas Brothers on the headphones to drown out the moaning and screams! Again the very Aspy content of your posts gives you away, don't worry your extensive MS flight sim time will pay off when the pilot shortage finally hits, and Pinnacle finally hires you to fly F/O in the mighty 200, hopefully the "flowthrough" will work for you. Until then keep on keeping on, don't give up on the MS flight sim and keep trying with your therapist to achieve normal behavior patterns, your Captains on the 200 will become nervous at your fluttering hands and OCD touching of your lucky charms over and over.

ha ha ha ha ha +1

Time for his mommy to shut his internet off so he can get a job.

Awwww Genny,
Wassamatter U,
I currently live in a place that most people only get to visit a few times in a lifetime, shorts and t-shirts for most of the year. I am sorry that you have to sit in the basement while "Uncle Steve" plays hide the salami with your mom, I hope you have some awesome Jonas Brothers on the headphones to drown out the moaning and screams! Again the very Aspy content of your posts gives you away, don't worry your extensive MS flight sim time will pay off when the pilot shortage finally hits, and Pinnacle finally hires you to fly F/O in the mighty 200, hopefully the "flowthrough" will work for you. Until then keep on keeping on, don't give up on the MS flight sim and keep trying with your therapist to achieve normal behavior patterns, your Captains on the 200 will become nervous at your fluttering hands and OCD touching of your lucky charms over and over.

Wait, people want to go to Twin Falls to visit? Why? Not to see you and Uncle Steve cohabitate. The problem here is your insane jealousy in not making it out of your Regional. You got 3 DUIs or no college, or something that binds you to your current shrinking airline. You can see it happening, your once booming industry is now shrinking due to high oil costs and people just figuring out that the majority of your fleet, the 50 seaters, are just uncomfortable. Soon, they will be gone, and mainline 717s will push other RJs away and force them to compete with your airline for any feed, which lowers your bargaining power.

To top it off, you are lonely like Ted Kasinski, but atleast you have Steve. Good for you guys. Maybe Weasel Lips can join you guys for a drink sometime.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's it...I can't take it. General, shut up! This is F'ing ridiculous. I hesitated for the longest time about chiming in with a post unrelated to US Airways calls, but in all reality I am very tuned to THIS very thread because it directly affects me, so I felt the need to say something OFF topic so that we could get back ON topic. PBR, this isn't really focused at you...I don't think you're an annoyance to this forum by any means, and I'm sorry to see you get tangled up in a word war with the General. GL on the other hand...there is no telling how many participants of this website are annoyed by you on a regular basis, and the worst part is you continue to laugh off our frustration, turn your nose up to us and belittle anyone that isn't as "educated" or obsessed with airline transactions, mergers, contracts or unions as your are. I don't care if you you're unemployed, employed, living in a basement, or flying for Delta as it has been rumored. With that said, as the proud son of a very successful Delta Captain/LCA/Instructor-Retired, I hope to God above that you're not filling the same flight deck that he once did with your know-it-all attitude! Now you may reply and claim that you do not in fact know it all...but your 17,000+ posts says otherwise.
And so my problem here (along with others I'm sure) is this: You simply cannot resist butting into a thread of any kind, regardless of its RELEVANCE to you, your job, your airline, your ANYTHING. You see a topic and say to yourself "I"m gonna put my 2 cents worth into this," even after we beg and plead for you to take it somewhere else. Its really quite simple to illustrate the point here, and it goes like this:

Genny, are you employed by any other airline (even Delta)?
If yes, get out of this thread.

If you are unemployed and searching for an airline, do you have an app in with Airways? If no, get out of this thread.

If you have no interest in actually applying with, interviewing, and flying for US Airways /American, then get out of this thread.

...Which would also mean there is absolutely NO reason your phone will ever ring with an employee from US Airways on the other end, so shut up about anything related to a thread called US AIRWAYS CALLS!!!!!!

Me personally...I AM quietly and patiently waiting for a call. I've hit this company with everything I've got and have good people on this inside going to bat for me as we speak. I have reason to believe that I'm so close to getting a call, my heart stops every time my cellphone rings. So yes, this thread means a great deal to me, and it'd be nice if we could read it without hearing YOUR take on the Easties vs. Westies and USAPA and any other sh** Airways related that you have absolutely no involvement with of any kind!
Thats it I'm done. before I throw my laptop.

Latest resources

Back