• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Current payscale on the 190 would put them an 82/hr. If the merger goes through, they are protected at 105/hr since Feburary (115/hr in January)... 115 second year isn't too shabby... How does that compare to the other majors?

When DL gets all of the 88 717s from SWA (or AirTran) by the end of 2015, the 12th year Capt rate will be $195 per hour, and that will be the smallest plane at Delta (current 717 Capt pay is $184 an hour). Now, there aren't any 2nd year Capts at Delta (not since the Delta Express 732 days), so that would be the difference, but when retirements do start, that 12 year average upgrade will decrease a lot. But, a lot higher pay will continue, including $71 an hour for all newhires in 2015 also($66 an hour now). What will it be at US, AA, and UAL? I see $40 an hour for newhires, 12th year E190 Capt at $114 an hour at new combined AA post merger rates, and even 767 12th year Capt (at AA mixed rates) at $181 an hour. (All from APC dot com payrates page)

Bye Bye---General Lee

General we all know that nothing can compare to your ego and constant drive to "dare to compare" pay rates.

Personally, I feel that any legacy carrier is a great place to be...

Cheers.

E190 Pay

How much are they paying these upgrades and how long would that same upgrade take at an airline with a higher pay scale?

The E190 pay rate is not where it should be. Period. The rate right now is about $98.00/hr. Top of Scale. It's $113.00 under the MOU increasing to about $147.00 in 2016, but the MOU is based on the merger and we will have to see how that plays out. If the merger goes through, we will get back pay starting from February 9, 2013.

Most of the guys that can hold E190 captain can be primary or secondary line holders on the Airbus so they can stay on the A-320, make more money, and not be on reserve.

How long would an upgrade take if the pay was different is an open question. I think it's reasonable to assume it would be a little longer. I could not hold E190 captain until the November, 2012 bid and I was hired in 1999. Now, the most junior guy on the most recent bid was a February, 2012 hire.

I was a commuter/ regional guy my entire career I can tell you a bad day at US Airways is better than a the best day at the regionals. I'm speaking primarily in terms of QOL, schedules etc.

Know the class breakdown? Anyone getting something other then an E190?

I would guess it's a 50/50 chance of getting the 190 or a Group II aircraft. The latest permanent bid that recently closed (effective November) had 38 E-190 FO positions unfilled (all PHL) and 36 Group II positions unfilled...

The available Group II positions are:

CLT 737 - 23 positions
DCA Airbus - 8 positions
PHL Airbus - 5 positions

Latest resources

Back