• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it'll be a solid 3 to 4 years before the pilot groups are merged. Plan on PHL, DCA or CLT only in the mean time.

Airbus Upgrade is projected at 5-6 years.

Dang this keeps sounding better and better. I need to stop looking at ALPC as my info source. If you tell me PHX will be able to be held in 4 yrs I'm going to take out the duster to my logbook.
Thanks for all the corrections guys.

That 5-6 years doesn't see right. 750 retirees in the next 5 years. And I'm guessing this 5-6 yr figure doesn't include the inevitable addition of west pilots.

Im showing closer to 1,000 at US alone. I would say the 5yr is accurate if you are willing to be on reserve as a group II captain. That goes well past 50% down the list. What's the point of bickering about it anyway? Get on while time is right!

The latest permanent bid shows the most junior Little Bus Captain in each domicile as follows:

CLT: #2433
DCA: #2356
PHL: #2161

The most junior new-hire on that bid is #3631, who I believe would have been in the April 15th class. Obviously there have been more classes since then, but I'm just trying to give an example.

With these seniority numbers, someone hired in spring of this year needs roughly 1200 people to retire before he/she would be able to hold Group 2 Captain. Based on the east-only seniority list I have, this will happen around January 1, 2019.

Last edited:
The latest permanent bid shows the most junior Little Bus Captain in each domicile as follows:

CLT: #2433
DCA: #2356
PHL: #2161

The most junior new-hire on that bid is #3631, who I believe would have been in the April 15th class. Obviously there have been more classes since then, but I'm just trying to give an example.

With these seniority numbers, someone hired in spring of this year needs roughly 1200 people to retire before he/she would be able to hold Group 2 Captain. Based on the east-only seniority list I have, this will happen around January 1, 2019.

How soon til a new hire can hold a group 3 airplane as fo?

How soon til a new hire can hold a group 3 airplane as fo?

Using the same info as above, the most junior 75/76 FO in each domicile:

CLT: #3279
PHL: #3312

Roughly 300 retirements which will happen around October of 2014. Again, this is east only so all bets are off when we become one big happy family.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back