• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Bombardier Agree on Removal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a reason why the 170 is arguably the best overall RJ out there... because it really isn't an RJ! It is an inexpensive mainline aircraft with mainline aircraft ammenities (if the buyer isn't too cheap to outfit it correctly). Unfortunately it came to the market at a time when the legacy carriers could not afford to buy them (despite an effort by Airways), so they all ended up at RAH. I fly it because that is what I was placed into, but I would much rather be in the same seat making the same crappy wages but with a mainline seniority number.

I heard US Air is placing an order in lieu of the cancelled 700's for dash 8 400's...

There is a reason why the 170 is arguably the best overall RJ out there... because it really isn't an RJ! It is an inexpensive mainline aircraft with mainline aircraft ammenities (if the buyer isn't too cheap to outfit it correctly). Unfortunately it came to the market at a time when the legacy carriers could not afford to buy them (despite an effort by Airways), so they all ended up at RAH. I fly it because that is what I was placed into, but I would much rather be in the same seat making the same crappy wages but with a mainline seniority number.

I agree wholeheartedly. The 170 is by far the most comfortable of the planes mentioned here. And although the SkyDoo's (CRJs) are more comfortable than the ERJ... thats not saying much. The EMB-145 is very uncomfortable to ride in.

Just wondering, have they already added sims in Charlotte for the 190? Congrats on becoming a check airman.

There has been a sim in CLT a few years now. It is a common type with the 170. That will be the 190 sim. Mostly just software changes in the sim to make it a 190. With many pilots already trained, my guess is they already have it converted to a 190 sim...

What is Piedmont going to do when Parker tells them to fly the Q-400's at the current rate?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back