• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Bombardier Agree on Removal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
customer surveys, dal does them often and the info is relatively easy to get - the coach seats in dals 900 have a ton of leg room - only 76 seats - mesa shoehorns 88 or something like that. Not sure what you are referencing but the 700 and 900 (with 76 seats) smokes a 170 anytime, climb, cruise - show some numbers. the 170 also gets poor grades for finish (cheaper cabin materials). i agree that the 170 cabin is nice and the seats are wider, but the legroom is much better on a 900. the 700 is tighter, but i dont think 170s cruise at 410 at .81 very often.

try to get a 170 out of EYW in the summer with close to full loads - never gonna happen. and i have yet to meet any 70+ seat operator who makes more than I do (asa 13 year pay) - save for horizon and it took that guy a lot longer to make 700 cap than i did.

Ok if you want to compare apples to apples then you need to look at the 190 vs the 900. You talk about leg room in the 900 because it has 76 seats....what kind of leg room do you think a 190 would have if all we did was put 76 seats in it. I would be like having thier own personal jet with all that room in there. The 175's that are comming on line are almost comparing apples to apples but still not quite. You should smoke the 170 to altitude flying that thing. If I was flying a 190 against a 900 like what your flying with only 76 seats in it there is no chance of you out climbing me. But since I fly the 170 I can't give you 190 numbers to reference.

What kind of cabin materials are you talking about(seats,flooring,lighting) Thats all based on what Republic decides to order...the cheaper to replace the better.

As for flying faster, you got me by .01 mach....that equates to like what 10 knots over the ground?? And I can't rembember that last time I heard one of you guys checking in a 40 or even 41. The only time I go .81 or better is on the go home leg to catch my commute. I prefer to fly slower and make more money because I'm not a 13yr capt with this airline yet.... most of the guys on the 170/175 are in the 5 to 7 year range.

Last edited:
Ok if you want to compare apples to apples then you need to look at the 190 vs the 900.

That's not quite an apples-to-apples comparison.

The 900 is a 90 seat airframe, the 190 is a 100 seat airframe.

I think Mesa's 900s have 86 seats, the same as the 175...

Latest resources

Back