• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways- 52 additional Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absent the merger, your butt woulda been on the street had you been on the bottom 30% of the AWA list. Fact....
Probably more like 10-15% but likely for a year or maybe 18 months, then on with the show. The circus tent at US would have come down permanently leaving USAir as nothing more than an answer to a Trivial Pursuit question.

I love the "You're gonna get sold to Republic" taunt, but for best effect get a 6 year old to say it, maybe with a little "Doody face!!" at the end. It's all in the delivery!

I was a Captain on a 800,000 pound jet 6 years after being hired at AWA. We were hiring and doing Captain upgrades at the 5 year point at the time we acquired that twice bankrupt "out of airspeed and ideas" airline. Yep, we looked pretty rotten compared to your winning organization. That must be why a 17 year CLT based F/O quit to start over as a new hire at AWA back in late 2004/early 2005 time frame.

Did you fly your big 800,000 pound jet internationally??? Like to Austrailia??? Things that make you go hmmm...

Did you fly your big 800,000 pound jet internationally??? Like to Austrailia??? Things that make you go hmmm...

Our 4 former KLM 747-200's never went to Australia num nutz-not once. Internationally they went to Nagoya Japan and the middle east bringing our troops back from Operation Desert Storm. Perhaps your pea-sized angry F/O brain can recall that little dust up.

Last edited:
Our 4 former KLM 747-200's never went to Australia num nutz-not once. Internationally they went to Nagoya Japan and the middle east bringing our troops back from Operation Desert Storm. Perhaps your pea-sized angry F/O brain can recall that little dust up.

Oh, that's right, just your pilots went there... And I do remember that "dust up" well... lost a family member there... He made the ultimate sacrifice to allow you to call other people names... you don't even know me or anything about me, yet you call me names and try to insult me personally... I challenge you to find even ONE post I have ever written that I did that... You can't... I rarely ever post on here so as not to get caught up in this type of childish sandbox fighting and name calling...

Last edited:
Oh, that's right, just your pilots went there... And I do remember that "dust up" well... lost a family member there... He made the ultimate sacrifice to allow you to call other people names... you don't even know me or anything about me, yet you call me names and try to insult me personally... I challenge you to find even ONE post I have ever written that I did that... You can't... I rarely ever post on here so as not to get caught up in this type of childish sandbox fighting and name calling...

I am sorry about the loss of your family member. Was it immediate family? My reserve squadron was not called up for ODS.

Since you do not enjoy it here perhaps your free time might be better spent on the negiotating commitee. Not seeing much progress there. How is section 22 coming along BTW?

You are right -I don't know you. I dont want to either: not now, not ever.

so many things wrong with that statement. What was your salary for your big 800,000 lb jet back when you flew it for a year or two or less????

Pilots make bad decisions, what's your excuse?

....probably no more than your butt buddies are getting for flying the 330 across the pond today. And I'm sure a heck of a lot more than what you where getting as a career F/O flying 310,000 lb jets for Arrow Air out of MIA back in the day.

PHXFLYR

Mike! Back in the day you were flying a 30 seat prop. and the only airline that would hire you was AWA.

M

Latest resources

Back