• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways- 52 additional Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See that's the nice thing about everything that happened post 9/11. We all had to downsize our lives and look at living without a paycheck for up to a year. Hence 17 days off with 82 hours fits just fine.

Actually I think the recall was hindered due to the merger. See if you look at staffing levels and how they ran the east, they were pairing it down to match the West. Once the merger was announced, mysteriously the staffing levels on the east came back up to at least match the west. They ran the east bare bones, most likely to help facilitate that merger.

Lets see. WX cancellation pay. Well it's not the same, but we do have pay protection on trips in the form of rigs.

Min day guarantee, has a form of it, except on split trips which was a give back.

Vacation days, 14, ok you got us there. Had to go through 2 bk contracts to get to below your level. Uhmmm.. aren't you guys sitting on your "industry" leading contract? HAHA ya ok....

No offense, but have no desire to fly over 85 hours, not really a desire to fly over 80. Not a time whore like the typical pilot that supplements his low hourly pay by flying 100+ hours. Which strangely enough flying that much allows the company to operate with less pilots and a cheaper cost to them. Sure some extra shekals in your pocket

Dude, you're wasting your breath(finger strokes). These are the same doorknobs that hung on at an airline until near liquadation. They are apparently happy to be the lowest paid in the industry, which is where they are going to stay for a looooooooong time.

"Hey look at me I'm the most senior pilot at the crapiest airline, I helped to create." Good response Eastholes.

Dead, looks like you left already. I'm hoping to go somewhere else and maybe US Airways will go bye bye like it should have before AWA saved it.

Now really tell me how strong and how industry leading AW was in the past 15-20 years?!?!? HAHAHAH ya right.....

Now really tell me how strong and how industry leading AW was in the past 15-20 years?!?!? HAHAHAH ya right.....

I was a Captain on a 800,000 pound jet 6 years after being hired at AWA. We were hiring and doing Captain upgrades at the 5 year point at the time we acquired that twice bankrupt "out of airspeed and ideas" airline. Yep, we looked pretty rotten compared to your winning organization. That must be why a 17 year CLT based F/O quit to start over as a new hire at AWA back in late 2004/early 2005 time frame.

Actually I think the recall was hindered due to the merger. See if you look at staffing levels and how they ran the east...

Oh REALLY?! You suppose you would have been recalled to fly the rest of the fleet into the desert? So technically for one week or so you'd be right. Because absent the merger, there would be no USAirways.

Or, as you would say, really "barebones" staffing!:laugh:

The downward momentum at US was so powerful, nothing except a giant landing pad called the west pilot group could stop it.

So if you like to fly big shiny airplanes regardless of cost or loss, and you dedicate yourselves to making career decisions based solely on fear, US must be your kind of place.

BUT- If you like flying airplanes for wages and benefits that are in line with the rest of the airline industry, and you can separate the reasonable and likely outcomes from the wildly off-the-wall stuff that scares folks into blind obediance, then you're probably working to get rid of USAPA.

Welcome aboard!

I was a Captain on a 800,000 pound jet 6 years after being hired at AWA. We were hiring and doing Captain upgrades at the 5 year point at the time we acquired that twice bankrupt "out of airspeed and ideas" airline. Yep, we looked pretty rotten compared to your winning organization. That must be why a 17 year CLT based F/O quit to start over as a new hire at AWA back in late 2004/early 2005 time frame.

so many things wrong with that statement. What was your salary for your big 800,000 lb jet back when you flew it for a year or two or less????

Pilots make bad decisions, what's your excuse?

Oh REALLY?! You suppose you would have been recalled to fly the rest of the fleet into the desert? So technically for one week or so you'd be right. Because absent the merger, there would be no USAirways.

Or, as you would say, really "barebones" staffing!:laugh:

The downward momentum at US was so powerful, nothing except a giant landing pad called the west pilot group could stop it.

So if you like to fly big shiny airplanes regardless of cost or loss, and you dedicate yourselves to making career decisions based solely on fear, US must be your kind of place.

BUT- If you like flying airplanes for wages and benefits that are in line with the rest of the airline industry, and you can separate the reasonable and likely outcomes from the wildly off-the-wall stuff that scares folks into blind obediance, then you're probably working to get rid of USAPA.

Welcome aboard!

Absent the merger, your butt woulda been on the street had you been on the bottom 30% of the AWA list. Fact.....

If I'm left standing with a lottery ticket that I haven't been able to cash for 3 years, and my wife is getting tired of me sending 100.00/month to AOL and scraping two nickels together to buy a 40 on sundays, I'd probably pick AWA as the airline of choice.....

Actually I think the recall was hindered due to the merger. See if you look at staffing levels and how they ran the east, they were pairing it down to match the West. Once the merger was announced, mysteriously the staffing levels on the east came back up to at least match the west. They ran the east bare bones, most likely to help facilitate that merger.

Recall hindered due to merger? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! You bonehead, you guys were one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. FACT!!!!! You guys are unfriggin believable.

CRZ pilot is dead on, the AWA sponge soaked up some of our east flying because PHX is dead dead dead. The east is pulling the west along, hopefully you will be sold to republic and live among your regional folk. Goodday.

"our east flying". Of course you know there is no such thing, just as there is no "our list" or "our hubs" and the viability of the entire airline relies on ALL the current hubs to generate enough revenue to drag around such unproductive and wasteful relics such as line bidding, F/A-Pilot co-pairing, etc, etc,

Latest resources

Back