Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zymotic

For those interested-

A "permanent bid" just came out showing 52 additional pilots. It doesn't show details on when or where they are coming from but it should be off the street and I'm pretty sure it will be new hires. Just wanted to throw out the heads up for those interested.

Enjoy the ride easties. It is just the beginning. Being separate will insure much movement and job security.

M

Enjoy the ride easties. It is just the beginning. Being separate will insure much movement and job security.

M

I've asked you before to take your East/West discussion elsewhere. Again- there are enough other threads (and you can start your own) stirring up the pot concerning the infighting. Am I asking too much?

For those interested-

A "permanent bid" just came out showing 52 additional pilots. It doesn't show details on when or where they are coming from but it should be off the street and I'm pretty sure it will be new hires. Just wanted to throw out the heads up for those interested.

Interesting. They are shrinking the hard lines and growing the reserves. Anticipating losses, not planning for growth it seems.

Speaking of East and West, when the hiring does start, will America West hire for their side, and US Air hire for theirs? How does this work? Isn't it all one, as far as hiring is concerned?

It depends. On one side you have a superior contract in every respect. On the east side you have a Mesa Minus contract.

Take your pick!

For those interested-

NO, Thanks! I`ll wait for Delta,Fedex, JetBlue or SWA.

Speaking of East and West, when the hiring does start, will America West hire for their side, and US Air hire for theirs? How does this work? Isn't it all one, as far as hiring is concerned?

I don't imagine it will be any different than it was in 2007-2008. Most of us didn't get a choice and were placed either East or West depending on the needs of the company. Once placed on either side your stuck there. (There actually was a way to switch sides- get furloughed and then take a position on the other side if one was offered).

Nevertheless, the West still has furloughed pilots and it may be a few more months before they are all recalled. The 52 I specifically mention are from what's know as a permanent bid and this only concerns the East side. The West has their own bidding system.

Latest resources

Back