US Airways- 52 additional Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Zy,

I was in the school-house last week and they said there are 15 returning furloughees in addition to those 52 new hires. They said they are gearing up for 15 a month onto the 190 starting in June, and to expect that to continue for the rest of the year. Hopefully that is a school-house rumor that is true.

Flyer1015 --

You get hired to whichever side has the need at the time. There are still furloughs on the West side (plus some guys from AWE -- original, premerger AWE that is -- that came East as "new hires" with first right to return to PHX). So, until they are called back, this is East new-hires, stuck on the East contract until a JCBA is reached (????).

I don't imagine it will be any different than it was in 2007-2008. Most of us didn't get a choice and were placed either East or West depending on the needs of the company. Once placed on either side your stuck there. (There actually was a way to switch sides- get furloughed and then take a position on the other side if one was offered).

Nevertheless, the West still has furloughed pilots and it may be a few more months before they are all recalled. The 52 I specifically mention are from what's know as a permanent bid and this only concerns the East side. The West has their own bidding system.

I am a west furlough and just recieved a letter for group 2 in the east operation. All west furloughs are going to be offered recall to the east before they hire off the street just like they did in 2007 for east furloughs.

I am a west furlough and just recieved a letter for group 2 in the east operation. All west furloughs are going to be offered recall to the east before they hire off the street just like they did in 2007 for east furloughs.

All west furloughs have *already* been offered recall to the east and they have *already* hired off the street...

All furloughees are recalled, yet USAPA hasn't formally recinded the furloughee (east only) COBRA assessment. Can you say "Slush Fund"? Sure you can.

What's F/O Cleary's 50-footer called that he keeps in the Provincetown marina? Oh, yeah the DOH!

All west furloughs have *already* been offered recall to the east and they have *already* hired off the street...

Even if they've *already* been offered before. When a new vacancy opens and there's still furloughees on either side, they still have to start from the top of the list and send out recall letters again before off the street hiring can begin.

Even if they've *already* been offered before. When a new vacancy opens and there's still furloughees on either side, they still have to start from the top of the list and send out recall letters again before off the street hiring can begin.

I understand. Was just pointing out that off the street hiring has already occurred. I've been told that a west pilot can defer recall indefinitely for the E190 but once they are offered recall on a group 2, that's a one time offer.

I understand. Was just pointing out that off the street hiring has already occurred. I've been told that a west pilot can defer recall indefinitely for the E190 but once they are offered recall on a group 2, that's a one time offer.

The letter states that this is not a recall just an offer to go east before they Hire. It may be a one time offer for group 2 to the east, I am not sure, but it would'nt affect recall rights to the west. The west pilots can keep bypassing east postions indefanetly.

It depends. On one side you have a superior contract in every respect. On the east side you have a Mesa Minus contract.

Take your pick!

One side you get very quick movement up the seniority list based on age alone. On the other side you can live in the desert and have a bunch of youngins in front of you.

Latest resources

Back