• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways- 52 additional Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, hurry up and make that upgrade so you can make the same as an AWA FO. Ohhhh, but wait, your quality of life and contract will still suck............dumb@ss!

Hate to break it to you. West has the lowest paid 757 pilots in the country. The extra 20000 $ the East pilots received the last 2 years made even the Airbus better paid. Many former Capt are again in their seat. With all the movement, there has been many gains for East pilots. Reserve going to line holders and f/o to Capt. Being separate has been a good thing. 75 % of west pilots would be placed ahead of the most junior 737 East capt. with the Nic. There are only 85 pilots total that are going to be 190 F/O's.

M

Yeah, hurry up and make that upgrade so you can make the same as an AWA FO. Ohhhh, but wait, your quality of life and contract will still suck............dumb@ss!

We all know that is not true, but you think it sounds good...

The A-330, 767 and 757 all pay more than the west payrates. So East 757 pilots make more than West 757 pilots. And while our Airbus and 737 payrates are lower than the West, Keep in mind that EVERY East Captain and most FO's are top of scale. That is not the case with the West.So I would venture to say that the vast majority of East pilots make more than West pilots...

Close . The initial recall offered to the west furloughed pilots a few months ago were for E190 positions that were open at the time. 8 furloughed west pilots accepted,the rest bypassed. Once they exhausted both lists; east and west ,they started hiring off the street for the remaining E190 east positions that remained unfilled.

The more recent recall offer are for postions the east guys refer to as Group 2 aircraft. I believe those positions include assignment to the A320 and B737. My understanding is these recalls have been offered to west pilots as well as east . I'm not aware of any west pilots who accepted this latest recall offer to the larger aircraft at this time and I've been told, but am not certain that the east furloughed list has been exhausted and all remaining east furloughess have either accepted recall or have resigned .

PHXFLYR

The last class of Group 2 recalls (February 21st) had 31 pilots, split evenly between East and West. This was the last chance for East guys to come back. So as of February 22nd, there are no remaining East furloughs.

Yup, QOL definitely sucks. Just coming off RSV (probably about 3 years earlier than if the NIC was in place) and sitting on 17 days off with 82 hours, and away from home only about 5 nights.....

Yup I'd say that QOL life sucks......throw me in that briar patch....

Last edited:
Yup, QOL definitely sucks. Just coming off RSV (probably about 3 years earlier than if the NIC was in place) and sitting on 17 days off with 82 hours, and away from home only about 5 nights.....

Crzi,

It's not nice introducing reality into FlightMisInfo.com threads...you know how these guys like their own special flavor of the truth. West is best, and that's that around here. How else are they going to convince 3000 guys to sell themselves out?

Sell themselves out!!! Right. Like paying your mortgage instead of walking away from your house. You made a deal to go to arbitration, now it is LOA 93 till you man up. The East contract sucks so many ways compared to the West where shall we start..... STD, WX cancel pay, reserve days, min day guarantee, vacation days(Just 14 days differance to start out at),No fly list,and of course if you break 85 hours out East, you go on the bad boy list from USAPA, except union officers who get 95 hours of pay. The rate on the 757/767 and A330 maybe higher, but the over all package is a giant turd!!!!

Last edited:
The last class of Group 2 recalls (February 21st) had 31 pilots, split evenly between East and West. This was the last chance for East guys to come back. So as of February 22nd, there are no remaining East furloughs.
And yet USApA has not recinded the assessment to cover their chosen furloughees medical insurance premiums. Wonder why? I guess when labor law greenlights extortion, why close off the money tap before someone forces you to?

How much earlier did you come off furlough absent the merger?

82 hours at those payrates? Its either NIC or WIC (although I guess most stores take Food Stamps, don't they?)

Dude, you're wasting your breath(finger strokes). These are the same doorknobs that hung on at an airline until near liquadation. They are apparently happy to be the lowest paid in the industry, which is where they are going to stay for a looooooooong time.

"Hey look at me I'm the most senior pilot at the crapiest airline, I helped to create." Good response Eastholes.

Dead, looks like you left already. I'm hoping to go somewhere else and maybe US Airways will go bye bye like it should have before AWA saved it.

Latest resources

Back