• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air 190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO... Well not yet, but I still think mainline should fly them. I think things might change here soon after the dust sets with AW/US merger.

Mgmt wants some type of LOA from the RP pilot group(CHQ master list). So when or if it falls to the regional group they have a jump on the E190 at least.

I'm not aware of a deadline for awarding the 25 E190's.

To All:

For those curious about the 190's at for USAir. Rumor is that AWA union is not planning on giving in on these aircraft. They are trying their hardest to keep these at mainline.

Time will tell.

iflyhigh said:
To All:

For those curious about the 190's at for USAir. Rumor is that AWA union is not planning on giving in on these aircraft. They are trying their hardest to keep these at mainline.

Time will tell.

Good keep them away from the regionals the 170 has done enough damage.

C'mon super pilot. Coex would take them in a second if CO offered them. Get off yer high horse.

Superpilot92 said:
Good keep them away from the regionals the 170 has done enough damage.

what about the Avro? or the CRJ700/900, why do people keep complaining about the 170? it makes no sense, therefore I believe its jealousy, and for really stupid reasons so stop you're whining.

Time to put your bibs away and stop drooling crap-taco boys and girls AWA MEC isn't gonna let you have 190's and maybe not even the 170's if things work out.

The Awa union is not giving in on the E190? What the devil are those CRJ 900 I see tooling around in AmWest colors,I think that horse bolted along time ago.

Dont worry E190 they only hate you cause your good looking!

So what about AWACs 17 146s? (ok, we don't have that many anymore as they are being retired) We've been flying 100 seaters for how long? No one cried about it so far. Are we not a regional? Is anyone a regional anymore?

If the 190's end up at regionals, ALL of you, and I do mean ALL of you, have advanced as far as you will ever go in your careers pay wise. The 190 is in effect a 737-200. Once something of that size is flying for contract carriers at RJ rates there will not be any mainlines left. Even somebody like SWA would eventually end up at RJ rates.

Can you imagine the chaos caused by 10 different contract carriers all flying mainline sized aircraft bidding and underbidding each other for routes?

Not pretty. But exactly what managment wants to finish off "Airline Pilot" as a good paying career. Most bus drivers in big cities already make more than Mr. RJ Pilot.

Latest resources

Back