• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BIGBROWNDC8, I have all the quals and my application says "on file." Will they even look at it eventhough at the end it said it had enough qualified pilots?

Mine shows "active" and "complete" and allows me to see and edit it.
The site still shows appointments not available.
Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Thanks, mine says "on file" and complete, not attention required at this time. Just curious to others if this means they will not look at later or if your quals did not add up. If not, how can anyone not go and update it with good times, especially if it adds up over the year. Oh, and to check and make sure their app is all up to date. Thanks for the help.

Is that REALLY all there is when you get assigned in training? I'm debating what to do, if I could avoid ANC I would be more inclinded to apply. Commuting out of there would be impossible.

My guess would be that there is a 90% chance you would get ANC if you have MD11 experience.

Don't give up!

The software kicked me out. If you don't answer ALL min questions as yes, I assume you will get kicked out also. I'm studying for the FE Written TODAY!!!

ATPCLIFF – The “FE currency” has been covered quite extensively here (use search function if you want). UPS (and I believe FedEx too) wants an FE written that’s no more than 24 months old (unless you have an FE ticket which of course never expires).

In other words, UPS does not accept the “121 exemption” for the FE written (…even though the FE written has expired it might be “current” if you’re working at a 121 carrier, etc… FAA yes – UPS – NO)

Folks, this application window is so elusive, please make sure you meet all the requirements before you fill it out – otherwise you might get locked out and in worst case might have to wait until next year before you can apply again. Fortunately for you the software kicked you out, in worst case you'd have gotten the “thanks but no thanks – you do not meet the minimums…” message.

I got in today and it accepted my application. It then thanked me but said I wouldn't be considered further. It must have an automatic scoring system to determine how viable you are even if you meet the mins.

Unfortunately, if you answered NO to any of the questions, for example regarding the Oceanic crossings experience, etc, I believe you’ll get the thanks but no thanks reply. Don’t give up quite yet, read below…

Guys/gals – please do not give up on UPS even though the application process seems to be so complicated and elusive.

Right now they want pilots with heavy and international experience but don’t give up. Eventually they’ll make this “requirement” a plus but not a straight requirement and they’ll start hiring regional guys again. They’ve always been very proud of hiring a great mix of pilots, part 121, 135, even 91, civilian, military, guard - they’ll do it again before you know it.

I know it’s very frustrating but please be patient and keep trying. It took me almost 8 years before it finally happened and there were times I thought about just giving up. Fortunately my friends wouldn’t let me and kept cheering me up and I kept reapplying and going to all those job fairs and then all of a sudden it happened.

I’m really not quite sure what I’m trying to say except maybe to “cheer” some of y’all up because I’ve been there and I know what it feels like. So once again, if you get a message “thanks but no thanks” because you do not meet one of their requirements right now - don’t give up! Keep checking every few months and hopefully sooner than later they’ll change the rules.

If not, look into Gemini, Kalitta, etc, they seem to be training their pilots just quickly enough for UPS and Fedex to snap them up.

» » » » » Persistence pays off and the wait is definitely worth it! « « « « «

» » » » » » » » » » GOOD LUCK TO ALL BROWNIE HOPEFULS!!! « « « « « « « « « «

Last edited:
I need to update my hours since I did not do the 0.3 hr/sortie conversion for military. I did not see anywhere to upload my resume, did anyone else?

Kermit,
The app specifially says NOT to include a military converstion when entering flight time. Also, they don't consider any "relief pilot" time as PIC - I'm assuming that means our military "other" time is out.

I was able to upload my resume.

For you guys who are getting a message of some kind - how are you getting them? Via email? Pop-up?

I didn't get a message of any kind when I finsihed my app - the only difference is the red "!" next to it went away and I can now see the "schedule an appointment with an HR prfessional" link.

Moose - did you do the psych eval yet? It sounds like you're about to get an interview - good luck to you

I did not add in the mil conversion time. So I put in 900 PIC, 300 Instructor for C-17, with a total of around 1200 PIC hours for the app. I dont have a clue as to why I would not be eligable or looked at. Maybe I missed something on the app.

AV8 - I sure hope you're right, that would certainly make my day. I haven't done any kind of psych eval, but then again I just finished my app about 12 hours ago. How is one notified to take the psych eval?

Latest resources

Back