• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I suspect they're looking for MNPS, RVSM, NATrack and/or Norpac experience. Basically, if you've crossed the Prime Meridian or the International Dateline while flying somewhere, you've probably done a crossing and as such have "experience".
They offer no definition, so one crossing would seem to be enough to check yes. Now when they look at your logbook, they may feel that is not enough, but hey! By then you're at least in the door face to face.
I don't think they will consider going from New York Center to Miami Center to San Juan Center a transoceanic. Just my look at it.

I'll cut and paste the instructions on PIC time as there seems to be a few questions regarding it.
Good luck to all.
  • All flight time must be substantiated by certified Flight Records.
  • Be as accurate as possible.
  • Do not record fractional hours. Round to the nearest whole hour.
  • Do not add military conversion.
  • List all fixed-wing jet aircraft and all fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop aircraft flown up to a maximum of twelve aircraft.
  • List all aircraft in order flown beginning with the most recent.
  • UPS considers Instructor/Evaluator time as PIC time. List the PIC and Instructor/Evaluator time separately in the appropriate columns.
  • Relief pilot time does not count as PIC time.
  • Pilot-In-Command (PIC) time must meet all three requirements as outlined in FAR 1.1 'Definitions' listed below.
  • Pilot-In-Command (PIC) means the person who:
    1) Has final authority and responsibility for the operation and safety of the flight;
    2) Has been designated as the pilot in command before or during the flight; and
    3) Holds the appropriate category, class, and type rating, if appropriate, for the conduct of the flight.

Hey Mooseflyer and AV8OR. Regarding the online assessment, the order of things for me were I completed the application, then polished up a resume and returned to the site to attach it. That was Tuesday afternoon. Last night (Wednesday), I got an e-mail saying that they received my resume submitted online, and that based on my qualifications, they'd like for me to proceed to the next step, which is the two-part online assessment. No mention was made of the application itself. Maybe an attached resume is a high priority item for them. The e-mail also told me to look for a follow-on e-mail whose subject would be "Invited to Complete Process". That second e-mail came about twenty minutes after the first one, and included both a direct link to the website as well as a cut-and-paste url in case the link didn't work. It also said that the process should take no more than an hour to complete. I didn't have a full hour last night, plus I was hoping maybe someone would post some info here about it, but I did complete it this afternoon. I didn't time it, but I don't think it took more than a half hour. By the way, I had to use Internet Explorer to access it. I usually use Mozilla Firefox as my browser, and spent some time trying to access the site through that, but kept getting a "server not found" message. Anyway, after taking the assessment, I was given a message right on the site saying they'd be in contact with me. Don't think I can hold my breath much longer!:)

How did you attach a resume? I did my application, and submitted it but wont let me go back into it to put a resume on. Now my application says "on file" with everything complete. Did I mess things up for myself, or do I have to wait until I am "acitve" to put a resume on? Thanks.

B707guy »»» soon »»»MD11guy!

B707guy - great news, sounds like you're almost there. Very soon you'll be switching your screen name to MD11guy - at least for a year or so! LOL

Good luck to you with the next step, keep us posted please...

relief pilot?

I would include "other" time since being certed as an AC since you still signed for the jet when you go on long trips. Did not include "other" time for SIC because I was just a co-pilot then and did not sign for anything.

Was at TCM for 4 years, now CHS for past 1, took the VSP, looking to get in the Reserves and airline.

I assumed "relief pilot" was other time. I removed all other time from my PIC because I didn't want to get my one chance at an interview and surprise them with bad minimums.

Hi!

Thanx 4 all the helpful and informative posts.

cliff
YIP

Thanks for the info B707 (RUSH - what a great band BTW, hope to see them in July). I keep checking my email, but nothing yet. Keep us all posted and get to studying!.....

Three of my buds have been hired this year already, and all 3 only took 4-5 weeks from first call to class date.

Last edited:
Kermit/Moose

I used about 95% of my MP "other" time. Told 'em to take hours divided by sorties = ~3.7 hr sortie so most other was running locals with multiple pliots as PIC and not relief pilot duties. They looked at my flying history and logbook for a total of about 4 seconds and then on to the questions. As far as SIC other, throw it out and don't count it for anythinig other than total time for mil flying. Good luck with the FCC PFBIT

FWIW,

I have about 5,400 hours with 1,130 turboprop PIC. I'm with my 2nd major airline where for the last three years I've been on the 757 doing a lot of Hawaii flying. After finishing the application, it said I wasn't competitive. I'm not sure where they've set their parameters, but my experience didn't make the cut.

Good luck to all.

Latest resources

Back