UPS Poolies and futre pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BIGBROWNDC8

Its great news to hear that we are going to be hiring pilots in the near future... As most of you know, Hq-Atl makes all the decisions and all the rest of us are kept in the cold until we see a press release.

If any of the poolies get a call regarding their status in the pool or if anyone else gets invited in for an interivew, It would be a big help to give a quick reply here to keep everyone informed....

Thanks

UPS HR today called a friend of mine who is in the pool.

Yup, requiring a re-interview. They ran down the list of their minimums and confirmed that he still met them.

good sign

767-300ER said:
UPS HR today called a friend of mine who is in the pool.

Yup, requiring a re-interview. They ran down the list of their minimums and confirmed that he still met them.

At least they are moving forward quickly to set up the interviews on a saturday no less. Good luck to the poolies.

Called!

UPS left a message for me on Saturday at 3pm. Unfortunately, I was flying.

Will have to call back Monday.

Didn't say if it was to re-interview or not...just to please call back.

LGAPilot

Great news about hiring. What is the probability of going straight to the FE panel vs. going to the right seat of a 727 or 757? I read somewhere that a few lucky newhires in the recent past went straight into the 757. So, what is the percentage likelihood of a newhire skipping the panel - 25-30%? If there were FO slots available, how would those be distributed - by age/seniority?

Heavy Set said:
Great news about hiring. What is the probability of going straight to the FE panel vs. going to the right seat of a 727 or 757? I read somewhere that a few lucky newhires in the recent past went straight into the 757. So, what is the percentage likelihood of a newhire skipping the panel - 25-30%? If there were FO slots available, how would those be distributed - by age/seniority?
If I'm not mistaken they were placed by previous experience, not by age or seniority. When you show up for first day of indoc, you are already assigned to a specific fleet and you don't know ahead of time what that fleet will be.

If you are interested in UPS, your attitude of not wanting to be on the panel is very arrogant. This wave of hiring along with FedEx's and SWA's much longer period of hiring will be ultra competitive for the available slots and you should be esctatic at just getting the job, not bitching that you didn't get a window seat right at the onset. Besides the direct hire F/O's will be on reserve much longer, and will actually go backwards in seniority as their senior F/E classmates upgrade in the future. The pays the same the first year anyway, so who cares what seat it is?

UPSer: might want to try some decaf! I don't think there was anything wrong with the question, Heavy Set might not even be trying to get on with you guys. Its a fair question considering that some in the past were able to avoid the back of the 72, (if that is indeed the case) and a prospective employee might just be curious as to what their chances were to go straight to the right seat of a more modern aircraft, even if it meant being more junior in the seat.

The other insight you gave as to why going to the right seat might not be the best deal in the long run was good, however, and something for a new hire to think about. If there was a seniority based bid for the available seats for the new hires it might again be something a prospective new hire might want to know.

Anyway, I think its great that you guys are going to hire again and I also hope that your contract gets resolved soon with some more hiring down the road to go with it.

FJ

Falconjet said:
UPSer: might want to try some decaf! I don't think there was anything wrong with the question, Heavy Set might not even be trying to get on with you guys. Its a fair question considering that some in the past were able to avoid the back of the 72, (if that is indeed the case) and a prospective employee might just be curious as to what their chances were to go straight to the right seat of a more modern aircraft, even if it meant being more junior in the seat.

The other insight you gave as to why going to the right seat might not be the best deal in the long run was good, however, and something for a new hire to think about. If there was a seniority based bid for the available seats for the new hires it might again be something a prospective new hire might want to know.

Anyway, I think its great that you guys are going to hire again and I also hope that your contract gets resolved soon with some more hiring down the road to go with it.

FJ
I wasn't trying to be an ass or anything like that, but considering this guys profile that he's out of work and is on other threads inquiring about jobs, it seems to me that he's interested in UPS. He put me off by his asking first and only about hiring into the right seat, like he would be interested only if they'd hire him into the right seat.

Latest resources

Back