UPS Poolies and futre pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Just trying to figure out how to competitive without am internal LOR."

To be brutally honest...you aren't competitive without at least one LOR.

Falconjet said:
Anyway, I think its great that you guys are going to hire again and I also hope that your contract gets resolved soon with some more hiring down the road to go with it.

FJ
I hope we get our contract finished soon too, I know that you guys are waiting to see what we get in our new contract so you can base yours off of it. I've heard some good new lately coming from our negotiators, it seems that with the company making good money, our concessions will not be as deep as previously thought. So hopefully your concessions won't be that bad either.

UPSer said:
I've heard some good new lately coming from our negotiators, it seems that with the company making good money, our concessions will not be as deep as previously thought. So hopefully your concessions won't be that bad either.
I'll vote NO if we take a pay cut greater than 10%.

I actually was thinking we should take a cut somewhere is the range of 30-40%. After all, we are just labor. All the money should go to management. :)

ILStoMinimums said:
So you guys are actually thiking of pay cuts?
Management states that even UPS is not immune from the general hard economic times and that yes, they are expecting us to take some concessions in pay and work rules as well as retirement. I just hope that the cuts are not too deep or I will be voting no also.

"So you guys are actually thiking of pay cuts?"

ILS,

I was most definitly kidding! I'm pretty sure the rest were as well. I see absolutely no reason to take a pay cut when UPS is making record profits. In fact, I expect significant improvements in many areas. I can tell you for sure that if the "hidden" B scale doesn't go away, I will be voting no. Cheers

Wise Guy said:
"So you guys are actually thiking of pay cuts?"

ILS,

I was most definitly kidding! I'm pretty sure the rest were as well. I see absolutely no reason to take a pay cut when UPS is making record profits. In fact, I expect significant improvements in many areas. I can tell you for sure that if the "hidden" B scale doesn't go away, I will be voting no. Cheers

Wise Guy, I don't know where you have been hiding out in the NASC, but the reality is that if we become too expensive UPS will contract out all our flying, I'd rather take a pay cut and keep my job.

Pilots will work for reduced wages for the stability UPS would offer, and UPS knows this.

I'll take a small pay cut as long as UPS still pumps out its Billion$ in profits and continues to grow.

Latest resources

Back