• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS First Year Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope everybody who is complaining about Louisville and the pay and the lifestyle at UPS stays far, far away. Please, stay away from the brown airplanes, the Derby City, and and a company that historically is profitable.

That way, I have less competition in 5-8 years when I get the required experience and am competitive to apply.

JerkyHerky said:
Hey, I know, lets start a "Memphis vs. Louisville" thread. I'd take Louisville over MEM any day of the week !

Not sure which is better, at the shift change of your sort you guys renig, we reneck.

BoilerUP said:
I hope everybody who is complaining about Louisville and the pay and the lifestyle at UPS stays far, far away. Please, stay away from the brown airplanes, the Derby City, and and a company that historically is profitable.

That way, I have less competition in 5-8 years when I get the required experience and am competitive to apply.

My thoughts exactly. :D

BBB, I may have a lot to learn and I do realize that. But I'm pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** happy to be at FDX right now. I didn't get off the troop train yesterday, and I ain't buying ALPAs gig hook, line and sinker. Or Fred's. And as far as "hiding behind the board," DC boy, anyone can feel free to PM me and I'll tell you exactly who the hell I am. I ain't skeered of you, tough guy...unless you're going to rat me out to the union and send a couple of goons "to send me a message."

Ivan said:
BBB, I may have a lot to learn and I do realize that. But I'm pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** happy to be at FDX right now. I didn't get off the troop train yesterday, and I ain't buying ALPAs gig hook, line and sinker. Or Fred's. And as far as "hiding behind the board," DC boy, anyone can feel free to PM me and I'll tell you exactly who the hell I am. I ain't skeered of you, tough guy...unless you're going to rat me out to the union and send a couple of goons "to send me a message."

Ivan,

That's pretty standard tactics from the 5 percenters. That is, once you admit you're a new guy, you'll get the "youngster" crap and "you'll be singing a different tune, youngster" crap. Apparently, new guys aren't allowed to have an opinion or thought. Believe me, if you spend enough time sitting in the back of the 727 listening to some of the angrier guys, you'll be ready to go on strike and "shut it down" tomorrow.

Now, I must admit that I wasn't here in 97 and 98 when the stuff was really ugly like BBB alluded to (BBB, did you used to work here? You have it down perfectly). But it seems like a bunch of those guys are out for revenge for those days. I certainly hope I'm wrong though. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter of the union and we shall get a better contract and we shall get retro pay. Like someone else said, "Retro pay is not even an issue, it's a show stopper". Heck, I'm even gonna look into getting my hat soon, if ya know what I mean.

So, please, now fire away and tell me that since I wasn't here in the 90's, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. The other 90% are around reading and listening to what everyone says and hopefully, forming their own opinions.

Oh yeah, and the first person that calls me a mangement stooge wins a free Graceland postcard.

brokea$$pilot said:
The Pay Scale At Ups Is Excessive For Pilots Who Hardly Ever Fly. That Remark Excludes First Year Pay

Excessive is a nice place to be. $ounds like you prefer to work more hours for less wages.

BoilerUP said:

BoilerUp,

Don't worry about it. Guys like the ones you're describing typically get weeded out quite early in the interview process. Our HR people are a very smart group of people, and they can smell a bad apple a mile away.

Keep flying and we'll save a seat for you here.:)

brokea$$pilot said:
I Think That Wanting To Fly For Ups Is Over Rated. Why Would You Want Such A Sh!tty Lifestyle And Have No Social Life At Work Even Though They Hardly Ever Work.. And To Top It Off Be In Louisville

Because it beats living anywhere else while being broke and in-debt.

I worked a total of 90 days in 2003. Wow, talk about not having a social life.

I'm assuming this is flamebait. You can still smell the sulfur in his post.

tailhookah said:
I do have to admit.... the chicks in KY are pretty hot....but it must suck to be reporting to work when the people pilots are out at the bars chasing the split tails...... now I'll fall on that grenade for sure!!!!

Yeah, but the paycheck and longevity more than make up for it. Did I mention the retirements too.

.......KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back