Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS CLASS DATE MARCH 14th ?-any calls?-any new dates in the future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falconjet said:
Ok BBB, as long as its all in good fun, I retract my arse statement.

My statement was simply one of amazement, not meant to be caustic, which is why I prefaced my statement that way.

I still wish the best to you and Brown in your negotiations.

Metal? I don't even think I deserve a medal!

But thanks for the thought.

The freight dogs must stick together!

Peace, FJ

You are so right Falconjet in that we MUST stick together. I believe that our EB meeting with your MEC recently was instrumental in our new pay proposal which now factors in the A380. Hopefully we can reach an agreement sometime in the near future so you guys can build on top of that we can continue the leapfrog process of better and better contracts as there is no end in sight of the good times for both companies. Rumor is that your initial pay proposal for the A380 is $400/hr. Stay united and don't let little jabs from either side keep us from the big picture for both pilot groups!

Wow, inflation has already gotten to the $380 for the A380 and its up to 400 per hour! I'm not sure if the committee has actually presented any numbers for the A380, and I believe that they may not even be addressing it during this go around. Hard to imagine, but I did hear that. Only thing for sure is that the future is going to be very interesting for both UPS and FedEx.

FJ

Sure sounds better than those eagle pilots that were going around with buttons on that said they'd fly the MD-80 for $80/hr. I like the 380 for $380 alot better!

Hate to sound disloyal to Big Brown, however, Im thinking I may want to put my application in at FedEx with numbers like they are posting. We get excited about 300 in a year and FedEx is doing 50-75 a month... IMHO, Its truly Embarrassing, How can we stay competitive?

BBDC8

But we have Worldport and the under construction Capt. Tom Gummer center for operational excellence! That's how we stay competetive!!!

fed ex 50-75 a month NOOO

my friend has worked there 15 years and tells me they plan on hiring 350 this year and 20-24 a month just like ups -so yes we can compet and we are better -u know why -were brown go brown-ups dreamer -call me for a class -lol smile people smile

Last edited:
so does anyone know how you are called out of the pool? i.e the scoring system? I got the letter yesterday. Can't wait to start. :)

buster232 said:
so does anyone know how you are called out of the pool? i.e the scoring system? I got the letter yesterday. Can't wait to start. :)

I think it's by height. That being said I should be in around the 3rd quarter of 2008.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back