Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS CLASS DATE MARCH 14th ?-any calls?-any new dates in the future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope your guess is correct as I would be leaning toward the "old" crowd, but I still haven't gotten the call. The day I interviewed I was the youngest in my group and I am 37. I would guess the average age to be closer to 40 with the high end being low to mid forties based on folks I personally know that have interviewed. Young or old we are all ready for THE call.

Good luck!

Hawg68 said:
I would guess the average age to be closer to 40 with the high end being low to mid forties based on folks I personally know that have interviewed.
That may be true of the day you interviewed, but bear in mind UPS is all about diversity. Your class will be constructed to represent an varied mix of age, background, race and experience.

Since classes are generated from the total pool, there will more than likely be a handful of younger candidates which will dilute the average class age toward the younger thirties.

Rory

Great insight, I hope you are correct. Is it true they tend to give the older guys the higher seniority numbers and choice of airframe?

Hawg68 said:
Great insight, I hope you are correct. Is it true they tend to give the older guys the higher seniority numbers and choice of airframe?
Seniority in your class will be assigned by age. Oldest = most senior.

No, new hires in class do not get their pick of aircraft. It will be assigned to you. However, the next classes will probably have a mix of FO’s and SO’s. They might ask if you want to be an FO vs. SO, but I’m simply guessing. I don’t know for sure.

As far as classes that are purely SO’s (as was always the case in the past) you had no say in which a/c you got. You found out on day 1 by looking at the book they placed in front of your nametag.

Rory

Waiting in Line

afpa, Stan Congrats on class!!

Great to hear folks moving in the right direction. I interviewed 26 Jan, physical 27 Jan. The phone is always close by and I cannot wait to get the call! Thanks for posting the class info.

Good Luck and again Congratulations!!

Assigned positions are determined by the fleet managers for each fleet. They go throught whos being hired for a specific class date and based upon experience, and ability, take who they want. The FE positions are selected first and then assigned, then FO positions.

BBDC8

got the call

got the call fri -awesome -cant wait thanks so much for evryones help -march 18th clss 25 people -more calls to go -14 fo and 11 fe -thats all i know -fly safe -god bless -ups YESS -go brown

also got the call on Friday and was told that I'm going staight to the A-380 as a Captain! Cool. Anyway, I can confirm 25 in class and that F/O will be assigned by age. I was told that they will call you if they are going to offer you a right seat. No call = F/E. Heard that there will be a small class at the end of the month.

Latest resources

Back