• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS called!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well done RVR...good on ya lad! I am happy for you and hope to be joining you there. Will you opt for the MD-11 FO seat if offered? The opportunity would be hard to turn down though lots of hard work.

Thanks guys!

Hawg,

Thanks for the good words! If I get a class date, I'll try my hardest to keep everyone updated. I hope you get that call soon! As for the weekly post, someone will step up to the plate and continue the "tradition." Heck, if I can do it, anyone can!:p

Green,

To tell you the truth, I haven't really thought of that question yet. As us Type A pilot types, the right seat is hard to pass up, if offered. BUT, I am humbled to have gotten this far, and wherever they put me, I have NO problem with that!!! I plan on staying for a while!! :D

I wish all you guys lots of luck! Hang in there (yeah, right. Look who's talking!!:eek: I'm probably the most anxious poolie out there!!!!)

1800 RVR

Congrats!

1800RVR,

I was smiling ear to ear when I saw your thread on the list. Glad to hear you finally got the call after reading your amusing posts. I remember the day I got the call well, and I'm sure you'll never forget it. Hopefully someone else will step in to keep everyone's spirits up.

You may know this already, but aircraft are given out in seniority order, and at UPS, age rules in initial hire class. So if you are a youngin' like I was, you can plan on getting what is left at the end of the "drop". Our class was all FOs, lucky for us, but I'm sure that MD-11 will go at the top of the list (as do the international slots in an all FO class)...if you've got grays, you might have a shot at it. But you've got the right attitude.

The physical isn't bad....just try to hold off going to the bathroom when you wake up if you have a morning appointment or you'll be forcing fluids like I had to! And there's no "probing", as someone asked. The only thing I had that was out of the ordinary was an EKG.

Best of luck to you, and to all the poolies. Hoping you all get the call soon.

Robert fla...

I have heard people having high colosterol or something and the response is typically "be careful w/ your colosterol."

How strict are they with high cholesterol?

Anyone got any info on the Hearing test? I know when I take the one in the military I put up some high numbers (bad), borderline class I. Does anyone fail that? Do they give you a chance with the word discrimination test or the standard flight doc saying can you hear me now?

ViperD

Thanks and Congrats

1800 RVR:

I just wanted to say thank you for posts that you have made and offer you a congratulations!!! I am lucky enough that my work keeps me pretty busy, but in the back of my mind I wonder if today is the day the phone will ring, and I have found your threads to be a great little support structure while I wait.

I wish you the best of luck and someday hope to share rememberance of this time with you while drinking a cup of coffee in the middle of the night. :D

You folks are WAY too nice...

Thanks for all the nice words and sentiment! Reading all this stuff is making me verklempt! :eek: I really appreciate all of the great things that you guys have said. We are all in this together, and it's nice to be able to lean on your fellow poolies while waiting. You guys have helped me get through this, and I thank you. I see that I have had a similar affect, and I'm glad that I brought some sort of humor to this merry-go-round. My wife tells me that I'm not good for anything - well, I'll show her this thread and be able to gloat! :D Well, maybe I won't. It's a nice thought, anyway!

I don't know what to say - except you guys are all awesome!!!!

First Off, Grats to 1800 RVR, Im hoping that all the poolies get the call soon.

Second, Dont worry about losing 1800 RVR now that hes joining BigBrown, He will still be on the web, just with a different perspective...LOL

Third, If you have a choice, (I hate to say that Im a little bias since Im a DC8 Instructor), but Id go for the 8... Its all the same pay first year and once your off probation, then you can move on to "browner" pastures...LOL

Again, Congrats to 1800 RVR and everyone else that is and will soon be getting the call...

1800RVR,

I was thinking about submitting a resume to UPS and would think I have all the quals they may be looking for except a 4 yr degree. Just wondering if you have heard of many hired without it. I love my job at World and did not even think about it until our Mgmt. formed a holding company on us and bought North American. Things happening around have caused the "warm and fuzzy" to go away.

And I agree about the DC-8 if given the chance go for it. I enjoyed the 8 and miss it. As for the MD-11 no great mystery just prepare to study as some things are not user friendly about the FMS so I have been told. The guys with Boeing or Airbus FMS seem to find it ackward. Myself coming from steam gauges don't know any better so I just did what I was told and it all worked out.

Co-Operate and Graduate is the mind set. Good Luck

1800 RVR said:
Thanks for all the nice words and sentiment! Reading all this stuff is making me verklempt! :eek: I really appreciate all of the great things that you guys have said. We are all in this together, and it's nice to be able to lean on your fellow poolies while waiting. You guys have helped me get through this, and I thank you. I see that I have had a similar affect, and I'm glad that I brought some sort of humor to this merry-go-round. My wife tells me that I'm not good for anything - well, I'll show her this thread and be able to gloat! :D Well, maybe I won't. It's a nice thought, anyway!

I don't know what to say - except you guys are all awesome!!!!

put an app in, make some good contacts (mngt type, not necessarly fling Mngt)that are willing to give you a solid LOR and network... I used the forbidden "Air Inc" 7 different times back in the day, but you know, everyone hates Kit so Air Inc is bad...right??? (Whatever, worked for me) I networked 5 "major" interviews out of Air Inc and was hired (or in the Pool) at 3 of them, UPS is one of the three. It will not hurt your career to put some feelers out there and see who bites... Good Luck

Latest resources

Back