UPS called!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ironchef said:
Does anyone really know if we are rack & stacked in the pool based on our interview scores or is it a FIFO system?

IronChef
Let's see....nearly 4 years in the pool...I'd say I feel pretty confident it's not a FIFO pool.

RO

Ironchef,

I'll answer the most important question. You pool position is based on a score. The better the score then the closer you are to getting out. BUT everytime they interview someone and they score better then you, you get knocked down a little. Been in the pool since Jan 05.

Have you done your medical? If not when they call you for that, you about to slide into home plate.

The wait sucks, and I am still doing it.

Most important thing, don't let the wait effect your life. It will eat you up!!!

A fellow poolie,
LLB

RogerOver:

Ouch!

I'm sorry to hear about your long wait. A friend of mine was in the pool in the late 90's and he got a reject letter after two years for his XMAS present. I see things have not changed much in the hiring department at UPS. I hope we all have much better luck this time around in the pool.

LittleLearBoy...

Thanks for your reply LittleLearBoy. I have heard so many things over the past five months concerning the pool at UPS that it's hard to keep track.

I am definitely not standing still waiting for the call. Although I wish it would happen, I am still pursuing my other civilian avenues in flying.

The good news is at least a few of the poolies are getting out of the water. Perhaps they'll dredge the bottom where I'm hanging out with the catfish and the old tires and drag me to shore! Goodluck to ya....

Listen to LLB, He is a wise man!

Hey ironchef,

I see that LLB beat me to the punch. What he said is right on the mark. No one knows what the order is in the pool. That's one of the most agonizing parts of this whole process - not knowing! :eek:

By the way, thanks for the congrats! For me, I got the pool letter about 21 April, and got the call on 14 June. I was very lucky, and count my blessings every day. As you can see, my good pool buddy LLB, bohnzai, Hawg and others have been in the pool longer, which sucks. Unfortunately, this is the system in place. I truly hope that everyone gets calls soon. I have a feeling these guys are great guys in person as their posts make them out to be, and I look forward to meeting them one day.

Good luck to you!

1800 RVR

1800RVR,

Enjoy the class. I was told you will do a day of driving around in the brown trucks to understand what it is you are flying. I want to drive one of those trucks with the brown shorts on. I remembering hearing once a while back that the females were turned on by the uniforms!!! I want to drive for TWO days!!

Ironchef,

As for not waiting, I just don't me jobs, I also mean money. The first year pay makes you save money for when the day comes. Like I have been doing. I wanted to do a little remodeling to my house, and I was not. Well, now I am. Even thought I was going to sell it so I can move to SDF. I see that is not happing anytime soon like I was praying. I will just go on with my house projects. Also doing the things I did not want to do were spending much money was a factor. Looks like I will be getting that new MUSTANGE GT Conv, with the 5 speed and upgrade sound system!!!! Ya Baby!!

OK, back to the beach!!! LOTS of THONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LittleLearBoy said:
I was told you will do a day of driving around in the brown trucks ... I want to drive one of those trucks...
If you’ve got a UPS interview coming up, remember UPS doesn’t have trucks…they have package delivery cars :)

This place is steeped in tradition.

RO

RogerOver said:
If you’ve got a UPS interview coming up, remember UPS doesn’t have trucks…they have package delivery cars :)

This place is steeped in tradition.

RO

Did my interview already, and I blew the doors off them in knowing the company. Even gave then the first to line to UPS's marching song.

Latest resources

Back