• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RVR, that is finally some good news. Congrats and clear skies!:D

Congrats,

RVR, Pool Swimmer, Joelikey:

That is great news guys, see you on campus soon! RVR don't sweat the physical, if you can pass the class 1 you are fine!

Farmer
07 July

RVR

Congrats! Don't sweat the medical. I did and I could tell you that it was not stressful as you may think. Standard FAA Class 1 with the added blood/urine work, ekg, and electronic hearing test. I took my physical on a Fri and got the call from HR the following Tues with a formal job offer. Results from the medical clinic arrived a week after the test. Good luck.

Gucciboy

Congrats to RVR, and the other two. Please keep us poolies informed about any info you hear. I am glad I am in the pool today, because it is like a 120 degrees where I am right now.

What time of the day did they call??

LLB

Thanks to everyone!

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I really appreciate it!

I know that I have been continually posting about UPS updates, but hopefully I haven't annoyed anyone. I just feel really lucky to have this opportunity. Not many can be in our position considering the state of the aviation industry. Plus, it's an honor to join what seems to be a great bunch of pilots. As everyone in the pool, I've been waiting for this since the poolie letter.

Thanks to all those that have given info on the med. It's good to know, and my mind has definitely been put to ease! After hearing about meds like those for JALways, you never know what's out there! :eek: They didn't give any idea about possible classes, and I wasn't about to ask. That will come in good time.

As for my fellow poolies, you know, I may have to pass the torch. I'll definitely keep everyone advised as I hear things. Hopefully the doctor will realize that I'm not dead or a walking time bomb, and I'll get good news shortly after the med.

Like I said, I'm lucky to have gotten this far. There are other poolie buddies that have been waiting longer, and I am humble to have gotten the call. I really hope that everyone will experience the excitement of getting the call. It feels like I have won the lottery.

I know I'm babbling at this point, so I'll nip this post in the bud. Good luck to all of us out there!!!!!

1800 RVR, UPS Poolie Cheerleader extrordinaire :D

Hey LLB,

Thanks for the congrats as well. They called me about 9am Central. I hope you hear soon - we need to get you out before you shrivel up like a prune! Good luck, my friend!!!!!!

1800 RVR

Cindarella Man

1800 RVR said:
I never thought it would happen this fast, but UPS called me this morning for a medical!!!!!! :D I'm about to die!!! I hope some of my poolie buddies have been called as well.

For those of you that have done the med, I know which tests they do, but are the standards super strict, or is it generally if you can pass a 1st class med, you can pass this physical? I'm in good shape, ave wt for my ht, but probably not in "military" shape. If it is an astronaut-type exam, who knows what will happen. Or am I getting too nervous over nothing?

Good luck to all us poolies - I hope there are more of you out there that have gotten the lucky call!

1800 RVR

RVR,

My most sincere congrats! Gosh, what are we left behinders going to do without your weekly post? Of course we will expect top notch updates from the inside. Take care and put in a good word for me.

Hawg

Latest resources

Back