Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Update on SWA f/o arrested for intoxication.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA/FO said:
Yeah, you're right, you guys at F9 pretty much lay low. Excpet for the one fella that killed someone (15 years ago...and recently got caugh)! Maybe thats what he was talking about? ".039 and Murder".... sounds like a new movie on Lifetime. I'm sure my Wife will have it on the tivo when I come back from my next trip.

the SWA/FO.............:pimp:
That is pretty funny...well not for that guy but stll pretty funny.

F9 had a couple cappies throw down on the ramp in front of the terminal several years ago. Now THAT was good entertainment.

Gup

FN FAL said:
Anybody with jurisdiction? Only judges have jurisdiction, cops have authorization of arrest powers. Better go back to school god boy.

Actually, courts have jurisdiction over an area or region. Police officers, as well as prosecutors and other lawyers, are officers of the court. Thereby, they have/are extensions of the courts' jurisdiction. I went to school, just so you know.

Megalops said:
I am unaware of any incident that made any news that concerns any pilot at frontier, care to elaborate.

Actually, I was mistaken. I was thinking of the America West guys that got arrested in Miami about a year or so ago. My bad.

SWA/FO said:
Yeah, you're right, you guys at F9 pretty much lay low. Excpet for the one fella that killed someone (15 years ago...and recently got caugh)! Maybe thats what he was talking about? ".039 and Murder".... sounds like a new movie on Lifetime. I'm sure my Wife will have it on the tivo when I come back from my next trip.

the SWA/FO.............:pimp:

The Frontier one might actually make it on "New Detectives" or some other show on court TV.

Secret Squirrel said:
I know of this pilot who spouts like a know it all arrogant prick on a certain web board. Because of this I now think of all pilots who fly 717's and GV as being similar to this pilot (the arrogant prick) because I am so narrow minded. Oh yea, all asians drive bad, all blacks steal, all mexicans steal my jobs and all Irish drink.

SS

Hey that's not fair. I'm not Irish and I love to drink.

Secret Squirrel said:
I know of this pilot who spouts like a know it all arrogant prick on a certain web board. Because of this I now think of all pilots who fly 717's and GV as being similar to this pilot (the arrogant prick) because I am so narrow minded. Oh yea, all asians drive bad, all blacks steal, all mexicans steal my jobs and all Irish drink.

SS

SS--It's ok to generalize and think I'm an arrogant prick before you meet me and get to know me. I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. I was just relating my experience with law enforcement officers. (Don't get me started on County Prosecutors...)

As I said, I've got no problem with the State Police officers I've met. Different breed entirely. TC

uh...not exactly

nightfr8er said:
Actually, courts have jurisdiction over an area or region. Police officers, as well as prosecutors and other lawyers, are officers of the court. Thereby, they have/are extensions of the courts' jurisdiction. I went to school, just so you know.

RE (US courts as example)

http://www.uscourts.gov/about.html

Article III of the United States Constitution establishes the judicial branch as one of the three separate and distinct branches of the federal government. The other two are the legislative and executive branches.

Through fair and impartial judgments, the federal courts interpret and apply the law to resolve disputes. The courts do not make the laws. That is the responsibility of Congress. Nor do the courts have the power to enforce the laws. That is the role of the President and the many executive branch departments and agencies.

So, we now know that

1) Courts do not MAKE laws

2) Courts do not ENFORCE laws. That is surprise surprise, law enforcements job (police)

3) Courts APPLY the law and make JUDGEMENTS (guilty, innocent, damages awarded, case dismissed, etc etc)

trust me, police officers are NOT "officers of the court". The courts are part of the JUDICIARY, the FBI (DOJ), FAA (DOT), etc is part of the EXECUTIVE branch. "Department OF _________" is usually an EXECUTIVE branch agency.

RE:

http://www.msha.gov/SOLICITOR/kids/executiv.htm

oh yeah, I went to a bigger school for this than you did....trust me

Last edited:
What about the F9 mechanic that threw a pair of chocks into a running engine during pushback, cus he felt the aircraft was unsafe. So I guess, he made sure it was unsafe. I think he got some prison time.

:pimp: the SWA/FO

Last edited:
nightfr8er said:
AA717 - I'm sure you do have a clean record - as do most of us here. We all suffer from the negative press of a few bad apples. (Northwest, Frontier, etc, etc.)

Yea, it's ALL NORTHWEST'S fault.

I seem to recall numerous "offenders" from other airlines such as:

--America West

--American

--British Airways

--Southwest

-- Delta

There are many more. But it's all NW's fault. :mad:

Latest resources

Back