Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Update on SWA f/o arrested for intoxication.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MalteseX said:
Slurred speech; staggering; stupid comments, etc. YOU CAN be convicted of impairment, (ie DUI, etc) by exhibiting these traits, even if you "blow" below the legal limit. It's happened to many people; especially those who do not get a good lawyer and defend themselves in court.
OH CRAP - 737Pylt's going to jail for sure.

nightfr8er said:
AA717driver said:
Easy there, fella. Don't go lumping "most local police departments" into the bunch of government program workers on payroll at the TSA. I personally have known dozens of "local police officers" and they are not there to engage in witch hunts or to smear good citizens.
Nah - they are too busy patrolling that 3 mile stretch of interstate where the speed limit suddenly (and for no reason) drops from 70 to 55 in order to protect the people of their community from the horrors suffered by efficient use of our nation's freeways. They surely would not engage in a witch hunt, entrapment, or spear the driving records of otherwise good citizens, MEOW.

But, if given the choice, I guess I'd rather have the Super Troopers than the cameras a company in Scottsdale, AZ uses to raise revenue, which is what traffic enforcement is all about these days.

BTW - the Insurance Institute's data MEOW shows that speed cameras increase collisions in the areas where they are deployed by 15%.

Last edited:
Sluggo_63 said:
Oh yessirie Massa... you's so smart... I's hopin I could git somma dat fancy book lernin so's I could be more likes you some day...

--tool
Whatever, Toby.

~~~^~~~ said:
BTW - the Insurance Institute's data MEOW shows that speed cameras increase collisions in the areas where they are deployed by 15%.
Do they have a little robot that comes out of the camera that administers first aid to the car collision victims? I didn't think so. If the camera sees a rapist or a mugger does it release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees at the mugger or rapist? I didn't think so.

If that town in Scottsdale is not sharing the ticket money with federal government, then that town has set up a money making racket on one of the channels of interestate commerce and needs to have their camera money maker shut down. I don't pay taxes for the federal government to build highways so some jerk water town can earn revenue off of it.

To SWA's credit, the pilot was put on paid leave. Alot of companies would hang you out to dry in a heart beat.

AA717 - I'm sure you do have a clean record - as do most of us here. We all suffer from the negative press of a few bad apples. (Northwest, Frontier, etc, etc.) Then lots of the public looks at all of us like we're drunks. I continue to maintain that the type of guys that drinks until 3-4 hours before his report time, and shows up at TSA smelling like a still, and endangers his livelihood that he spent years accomnplishing, and the main means of support for his family, has a bigger problem than just having a few on an overnight. Those types are real, full-time professional drunks. The just happen to work amongs us. And in that regard, I feel sorry for them. That their addiction is so out of control, and their lives are such a shambles that they seek solace in a glass is, when you get right down to it, really, really sad.

FN FAL said:
If that town in Scottsdale is not sharing the ticket money with federal government, then that town has set up a money making racket on one of the channels of interestate commerce and needs to have their camera money maker shut down. I don't pay taxes for the federal government to build highways so some jerk water town can earn revenue off of it.

Another sector heard from... Legitimate law enforcement is legitimate law enforcement - not matter where the fines go to. If you're out there breaking the law, than you can be caught by anybody with jurisdiction. Stop whining. If you're not breaking the law, then you have nothing to worry/complain about.

habitual pilot said:
I'm sorry. I, for one, will stand here and say that I enjoy a glass of wine with my dinner.

Wine? Screw your BAC, what's your estrogen level? It sounds dangerously high. :D
Next thing you know, you'll be telling us how you like mixed drinks with umbrellas in them. :p

nightfr8er said:
Another sector heard from... Legitimate law enforcement is legitimate law enforcement - not matter where the fines go to. If you're out there breaking the law, than you can be caught by anybody with jurisdiction. Stop whining. If you're not breaking the law, then you have nothing to worry/complain about.

Anybody with jurisdiction? Only judges have jurisdiction, cops have authorization of arrest powers. Better go back to school god boy.

FN FAL said:
Anybody with jurisdiction? Only judges have jurisdiction, cops have authorization of arrest powers. Better go back to school god boy.
Actually, "courts" have jurisdiction, not judges.

If you take the other definition of jurisdiction: "the territory within which power can be exercised," then law enforcement has jurisdiction.

You will find state law, US Code, and the US Supreme Court all use the term "police jurisdiction" to describe the physical boundries in which law enforcement have "arrect powers."

School's out. Go play kickball.

Latest resources

Back