Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Update on SWA f/o arrested for intoxication.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh-ryan said:
Heck... I just learned that there is a difference between "good touch" and "bad touch"
More facts from the six o'clock news?

FN FAL said:
Your problem, is that you don't know the definition of "drunk", nor do you know the difference betwixt "drunk", "impaired", "problem drinker" and "alcoholic".

FN FAL said:
Just becuase you don't know the difference between factual guilt and legal guilt, it is...

FN FAL said:
We'll go back and let your preacher give you that, "I don't need to KNOW the definition of DRUNK; I KNOWS it, when I SEES it!" speech again.

You must be really impressed with how smart you think you are.

How 'bout this for a plan: Don't show up for your flight hung over or even with beer on your breath. Is that really so difficult a concept?

satpak77 said:
If his credit card shows a alcohol purchase at 3 AM, then thats another story. The investigation is ongoing I am sure.

Can't remember the last time I used a CC to buy beer on the road. Geez. Recent history has show that paper trail catches up to you in a hurry.

This will all get thrown out anyway, IMO.

OJ didn't do it. This SWA FO didn't do it. The LAPD framed them both. Thats what I hear on the street.

Terrain Terrain said:
What an A$$, this DeAngeFAG will end up in a smoking hole someday, I just home my family does not follow him in.

ummm yea how do you even know that. You just as well may be the one in that smoking hole. You will be too busy whining and complaining about how PSA screwed PDT as the GPWS screams terrain terrain.

AA717driver said:
This is the kind of witch hunt perpetrated by the trained monkeys in the TSA, most local police departments

Easy there, fella. Don't go lumping "most local police departments" into the bunch of government program workers on payroll at the TSA. I personally have known dozens of "local police officers" and they are not there to engage in witch hunts or to smear good citizens. Your post sounds dangerously like the type of person that gets into lots of trouble and then blames it on the guys that have to clean it up and put them back in line.

FN FAL said:
We'll go back and let your preacher give you that, "I don't need to KNOW the definition of DRUNK; I KNOWS it, when I SEES it!" speech again.

Oh yessirie Massa... you's so smart... I's hopin I could git somma dat fancy book lernin so's I could be more likes you some day...

--tool

I can't help but notice a common thought thru this entire thread. By looking back at most of the posts here, ANY drinking is being viewed negatively. "Alcoholic" "Problem Drinker" "Casual Drunk"

If this is really percieved as this bad, wouldn't it be totally against the law for any of us to drink on an overnight?

I'm sorry. I, for one, will stand here and say that I enjoy a glass of wine with my dinner. I like a good cold brewskie at the end of a 14 hour duty day. Some days they taste better than others and go down pretty quick. I guess I should just be calling in sick as I order the first one just to be safe.

Was this guy wrong? I don't know. He blew a .039. Was he hung over? I don't know. Maybe his head didn't hurt at all. There's absolutely no way to tell what our BAC level is just by how we feel. Until then, I throw no stones. I wish him the best with his future. Everyone here knows he'll need it.

Some interesting items from another website.

The human body can produce a blood alcohol content of .015 through it's normal metabolic process without having ever ingested a drop of alcohol.

A glass of "fresh squeezed" orange juice can have as much natural alcohol as an O'douls non-alcohol beer. Up to 1/2 of 1 percent alcohol by volume.

The breathalizers approved by the FAA for testing pilots have an accuracy range of .015%

When X airline approved certain breathalizers; the manufacutor demonstrated it's capability on a test sample of air containing .0% alcohol. The machine tested the sample and produced a result of .015% alcohol! I was in the room along with other ALPA officials and several Vice-Presidents. The machine met standards and was approved!!

Add the error rate of .015 plus the natural metabolic possibility of .015 and you have a possible reading of .030 even if the subject has never consumed alcohol in their
lives.

Thus the FAA range of up to .039 considered no fault, no penality with a withdrawal from duty until below .20

Thus the FAA policy of up .20 as permissable for continued, uninterupted duty.

Other legal entities have gotten into the act in recent years complicating what was once FAA and airline turf.

Be careful out there.

Thanks, AAflyer, you made my point better than I did. The breathalyzer is a swag. That's why both parties should request a blood test.

nightfr8er--Sorry to lump the local cops in with the Feds. Most local cops I know spend their time harassing kids with loud stereos and and souped-up cars. I have great respect for the State Police.

BTW, I have a clean record. TC

Latest resources

Back