• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Transmissions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
950 new captains in 2015 guys. (That's going to be a lot if hiring. +1 retirement/18hr. Heard from a good source. Looking for airplanes for mainline to fly. We're all just as wrong as we are right about merger details. We gotta move on.

Btw I am actively looking for a new avatar. Can't get this one down right now.

IF your gonna call it that, do it right. It was 6 years of one-sided growth. I still laugh at the fact that UAL pilots wanted to wrongly take aircraft seats that were ordered by CAL before long before the merger because they felt wronged or slighted. Sits right up there with a scab taking another pilots job. The entitlement mentality at UAL is alive and well.

I'll be sure to tell my friends that were furloughed in '08 that CAL was actually a growing beast. And if you wanna talk scab like tendencies, let's give a strong shout to the many CAL capts that flew VJM rt seat during both that furlough and the 4 year wait for the JCBA. Best of luck being a bitter @rse the rest of your career.

I guess that would be correct if CAL as a stand alone was planning on opening bases in DEN, LAX, ORD and SFO, all those new airframes ended up replacements not growth. So the fact that combined block hours has actually decreased since the anouncement of the merger those seats were actually LUAL's due to the fact that they replaced our A/C that were parked and replaced the block hours out of LUAL bases. Who ordered what didn't matter to management after the merger as they operated as a single carrier, but don't let facts get in the way of your revisionist history.

Just as advertised, your hypocrisy knows no bounds. We did operate in LAX as a base. DEN, ORD, and SFO were added as you took flying in IAH in EWR. Funny how you conveniently forget the 10 767-200's we parked as well as the 737-500's. You parked aircraft and had nothing to replace it with, we did. Not CAL's fault Tilton boned you. You just conveniently slid into aircraft and seats that simply didn't belong to you. Oh but I'm quite sure all of the WB 767 flying in EWR that was shifted was due you, right? As well as the bus flying in IAH, right? I love that. Who ordered didn't matter. Classic UAL. Thanks for your aircraft and we will show you how to fly em once we grab the seats. Please, continue to amaze us with "your" facts.

I'll be sure to tell my friends that were furloughed in '08 that CAL was actually a growing beast. And if you wanna talk scab like tendencies, let's give a strong shout to the many CAL capts that flew VJM rt seat during both that furlough and the 4 year wait for the JCBA. Best of luck being a bitter @rse the rest of your career.

Stockholm syndrome is an ugly thing, knob.

Just as advertised, your hypocrisy knows no bounds. We did operate in LAX as a base. DEN, ORD, and SFO were added as you took flying in IAH in EWR. Funny how you conveniently forget the 10 767-200's we parked as well as the 737-500's. You parked aircraft and had nothing to replace it with, we did. Not CAL's fault Tilton boned you. You just conveniently slid into aircraft and seats that simply didn't belong to you. Oh but I'm quite sure all of the WB 767 flying in EWR that was shifted was due you, right? As well as the bus flying in IAH, right? I love that. Who ordered didn't matter. Classic UAL. Thanks for your aircraft and we will show you how to fly em once we grab the seats. Please, continue to amaze us with "your" facts.

I'm out. Debating you is like debating my 10 year old. Even he knows your LAX base opened AFTER the merger. God speed to your flying partners.

Last edited:
This from a guy named 24/48 on APC:

"I've got a couple more things to add to this party....

1) 777-300's are back in the works as the 777-X appears to be out of our price range.

2) (As most already know) UA management is looking for an inexpensive 100 seat option, bringing back the 737-500 is a very real possibility. Put first class, econ plus, entertainment, and wi-fi in them. They would also be looking to update the flight deck so that we could fly them as a single 737 fleet (and no we wouldn't have to go back to the old digitally imposed 6-pack on the NG's)

3) We are now keeping 18 of the 767-300's originally slated for the "boneyard" and will be retro-fitting them nose-to-tail, that includes the flight decks. They are looking to have these jets integrated with the 756 fleet and flown primarily out of IAH. Not sure if they will be putting a class 1 rest facility in or not, but it would be wise to do so IMHO.

4) Starting in January we will be getting a 737-900ER (I love adding the "ER" part, what a joke) every week, and 2 787's (mostly -9's I believe) a month. My guess is that any base with a global route map will see this bird eventually."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey, that ER on the 737-900ER - is for extra revenue, not extended range.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back