• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United to buy 30 regional jets from Embraer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys crack me up. In the end, the arbitrator will decide and there will be a whole bunch of pissed off pilots and a handful of happy ones. End of story!
We're just gonna have to live with it. Period. In the end, all I want to do is max my pay and max my days off and quality of life. I could give a ******************** about who bought who and who brings more to the table, etc.. Can't do anything about that so make the most of what we got. Done.

At least somebody gets it.

United to buy 30 regional jets from Embraer
United Airlines orders 30 new 76-seat regional jets from Embraer; deliveries start in 2014

Associated Press ? 6 hours ago
CHICAGO (AP) -- United Airlines is ordering larger regional jets with 76 seats, continuing its shift away from even smaller planes.
United said Monday that it will buy 30 of the Embraer 175s, with deliveries next year and in 2015.
Planes flown by United itself seat more than 100 passengers. But it also hires regional airlines to fly smaller planes like those announced Monday, under the United Express name.
Until now pilot agreements at United barred it from using regional planes with more than 70 seats. But a new contract ratified in December allows planes with up to 76 seats. The contract covers pilots who came from United and Continental in their 2010 merger.
The new jets will replace 50-seat regional jets, which have fallen out of favor with airlines as fuel prices have risen. United said the new jets will burn 10 percent less fuel per passenger than the jets they replace. United was using 345 of the 50-seat jets as of the end of last year.
United said the planes would have 12 first class seats, 16 of its "Economy Plus" coach seats with extra legroom, and 48 coach seats.
Shares of Chicago-based United Continental Holdings Inc. rose 86 cents, or 2.8 percent, to close at $32 on Monday. Shares of Brazil-based Embraer SA fell 5 cents to close at $32.74.

These narrowbody airplanes are going to be so cool to fly. if we get them at Republic, I think we could be the next SWA. since our costs are lower, we could have explosive growth! LOL! Sweeeeet!

These narrowbody airplanes are going to be so cool to fly. if we get them at Republic, I think we could be the next SWA. since our costs are lower, we could have explosive growth! LOL! Sweeeeet!

Are you an ALPA Airline?

ahhhhhhhhhhhh NO!!

no cigar for you

Are you an ALPA Airline?

ahhhhhhhhhhhh NO!!

no cigar for you

My last airline was ALPA, but I got no cigar there either.

I am on the CAL side and enjoying it - great crews and FAs - it has been a blast. Since the same characters like to stir the pot - they need to understand anybody can come on here and stir the pot :)

I am anti-scab not anti CAL. SLI won't affect me one bit - junior is junior.

Why did I come here ?! For the cool embroidered wings of course !!

Hey you guys are great to fly with btw. Real pros.

Are you an ALPA Airline?

ahhhhhhhhhhhh NO!!

no cigar for you

SWA isn't ALPA either, what's your point? It's going to be us or Skywest getting those narrowbodys jets. Last time I checked, they weren't ALPA either. I'm guessing the planes will go pretty senior since it should be like $150 to $200 per month. Sounds like bar crawl moola!

I'm sure we'll be flying larger planes than the E175s soon enough. I'd be happy with $80/hr in the left set of one of those 90+ seaters though. That's like twice what I'm making now. Think of all the poon I could crush making that kind of cash! My apartment will be so pimp!

SWA isn't ALPA either, what's your point? It's going to be us or Skywest getting those narrowbodys jets. Last time I checked, they weren't ALPA either. I'm guessing the planes will go pretty senior since it should be like $150 to $200 per month. Sounds like bar crawl moola!

I'm sure we'll be flying larger planes than the E175s soon enough. I'd be happy with $80/hr in the left set of one of those 90+ seaters though. That's like twice what I'm making now. Think of all the poon I could crush making that kind of cash! My apartment will be so pimp!

Enjoy it my friend. As a legacy pilot CLEARLY I am too good to belittle my talents on SNB sized aircraft. My thanks to Grand Admiral Moak for righting this profession!

175s for United, will be flown by an ALPA regional

Air Wisconsin?

Peace.

Rekks

Latest resources

Back