• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Strike Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ForgedBlade, this guy is a real tool. I called him out earlier to see if he would get together with some of us in the crew room to discuss our viewpoints but he was too much of a coward to indulge. Much easier to rant about it on a forum than to speak his mind in person. Says a lot about his character.

ForgedBlade, this guy is a real tool. I called him out earlier to see if he would get together with some of us in the crew room to discuss our viewpoints but he was too much of a coward to indulge. Much easier to rant about it on a forum than to speak his mind in person. Says a lot about his character.

How does that not surprise me.......what a DB.

You need a strike vote now! Management has shafted the mainline pilots for years, 1437 United on furlough...look at the rapid growth of Skywest at the expense of United pilots.

Use the leverage you have, and get a non bankruptcy contract.

Do you even work here superherc? If not then we don't need to be told what we "need" by someone who doesn't even work here. One of the bigger holdups is the unrealistic expectation of going back to 50 seat scope. You can't put that genie back in the bottle. What we "need" is a hard cap on scope, a 2 for 1 70 seat for 50 seat swap, reduction in overall regional flying and a reduction in regional hours should there be a reduction in mainline hours. We need to start following Delta's example and not US Airways. There really is no worry with a strike vote for me. Even if the vote is yes we are still a long ways from release. My vote is no.

Hey Newman I'm too lazy to check but are you paying dues? If you sure look clever bragging about being ANTI ALPA PROUD yet still pay dues. If you aren't well that says all about your potential as a scabbie.

Btw I always felt bad for the 147 which is why I donated to the Xmas fund and supported the assessment. Forgot you were in that group so I guess I felt bad for 146. As for you I'm THRILLED Fred laid off your wanna be scab bum! Keep running your mouth. You are going fit in great with the UAL guys.

I was laid off but still made it back. You bet I pay my dues it would be stupid not to. I still would have to pay an mx fee which isn't much less than the dues and I wouldn't get to vote on anything. I might as well at least get to vote on the issues if I am gonna pay anyway(like no for a strike). Listen I am sorry people disagree with me but truth is more people than you think see things my way they just tell the hardcore union people what they wanna hear so they aren't ridiculed. I am not afraid to state my beliefs and will not be intimidated.

I never threaten anyone that is pro union yet the pro union people try and intimidate me for my beliefs just because I do not see things their way. I will never be vocal in the crew lounge cause I don't want to cause any drama. I know how to lay fairly low and will continue to do so. We have to ask ourselves do we want to follow in Delta's footsteps or US Airways footsteps?? BTW if we strike I won't waste my time walking in circles with a picket sign but I will not cross the picket line either.

I was laid off but still made it back. You bet I pay my dues it would be stupid not to. I still would have to pay an mx fee which isn't much less than the dues and I wouldn't get to vote on anything. I might as well at least get to vote on the issues if I am gonna pay anyway(like no for a strike). Listen I am sorry people disagree with me but truth is more people than you think see things my way they just tell the hardcore union people what they wanna hear so they aren't ridiculed. I am not afraid to state my beliefs and will not be intimidated.

I never threaten anyone that is pro union yet the pro union people try and intimidate me for my beliefs just because I do not see things their way. I will never be vocal in the crew lounge cause I don't want to cause any drama. I know how to lay fairly low and will continue to do so. We have to ask ourselves do we want to follow in Delta's footsteps or US Airways footsteps?? BTW if we strike I won't waste my time walking in circles with a picket sign but I will not cross the picket line either.

You are MGT's wet dream........concessionist anti-union pilot that won't even stand up for what you believe in because of your lack of intestinal fortitude.

Do you even work here superherc? If not then we don't need to be told what we "need" by someone who doesn't even work here. One of the bigger holdups is the unrealistic expectation of going back to 50 seat scope. You can't put that genie back in the bottle. What we "need" is a hard cap on scope, a 2 for 1 70 seat for 50 seat swap, reduction in overall regional flying and a reduction in regional hours should there be a reduction in mainline hours. We need to start following Delta's example and not US Airways. There really is no worry with a strike vote for me. Even if the vote is yes we are still a long ways from release. My vote is no.

Really you will vote no???? UAL and CAL flights are already flying Hub to Hub routes for the other carrier, the 70 seat airplanes are flying CAL/UAL flights as CAL does not exist anymore. Tell me what reason does the company have at all to give the pilots a contract. The airline is running on time and most the screwups with the airline are not even caused by the pilots...You think out of the goodness of there heart they will give you a contract...They have already merged the airline and with out the 30 day cooling off period there is no pressure on the company to get this done......

A furlough was simply part of the game. I was fully aware of the risks/consequences of jumping ship. It is still much better to be in control of ones destiny than praying that contracts get extended every few years. With all the retirements on the horizon I will be just fine. Still Anti-ALPA and proud. I had contigency plans for furlough and lived well below my means so I could weather the storm. Still a big FAT NO until our UAL AND CAL MECs start trying to make this merger like Delta rather than the next US Airways fiasco.

If you were fully aware, you would understand the only way you could get treated like a Delta pilot would be to work for Delta. Idk if you're UAL or CAL, but in either case, you "jumped ship" to a pilot group where striking is "part of the game". The question you have to answer is do you want it to end up like the UAL 85 strke? Or the CAL 83 strike? You want to have something like Delta? Go work for Delta...

You are MGT's wet dream........concessionist anti-union pilot that won't even stand up for what you believe in because of your lack of intestinal fortitude.

I have plenty of intestinal fortitude. I have already stated my beliefs multiple times. I know you want everyone to see things the union way but I do not. I am not afraid to voice my beliefs even though they are opposite of what the union people want. To me it takes more courage to state my true beliefs, afterall I could simply nod my head and agree with ALPA then talk behind their back. At least I am man enough not to do that. You on the other hand simply repeat the same rhetoric, I am not afraid to state my beliefs.

If you were fully aware, you would understand the only way you could get treated like a Delta pilot would be to work for Delta. Idk if you're UAL or CAL, but in either case, you "jumped ship" to a pilot group where striking is "part of the game". The question you have to answer is do you want it to end up like the UAL 85 strke? Or the CAL 83 strike? You want to have something like Delta? Go work for Delta...

I came to CAL in 2007 and I simply want us to act like Delta. To start we need to drop our ridiculous 50 seat only scope and focus on allowing a few more larger jets with a cap on total scope and an even larger reduction of scope should our mainline hours be reduced. The beginning of our new era starts with dropping our ridiculous 50 seat only scope and asking for Delta style scope. The time has come to start acting realistic and not like idealists stuck in an era where RJs haven't been invented yet.

Latest resources

Back