• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Strike Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone trumps the importance of voting yet when you vote how you feel you are subject to ridicule. I Do not want to strike. I want to reduce the total number of RJs and allow a few larger airplanes. Delta is succesul and we can also do the same. I do not want to strike but on the off chance we get released(gets more unlikely the worse the economy gets) I will respect it. At the end of the day paying Mx fees only is stupid. I have to pay almost the same per month yet I do not get to vote on the issues. I hope delta can get rid of ALPA and then the new united
Can also dump ALPA. It will be a glorious day

That's the problem, and it speaks to the quality of people that are entering the profession today. People who don't have any other marketable skills seem to be stumbling into the airline profession because it was easy (after you paid your 100k) and you got hired at an airline straight out of training. Just like those second career types that thought being a pilot would be better than sitting in their cubicle collating TPS reports, even though they get paid less flying. If pay and QOL had not dropped precipitously, the profession would still be attracting people who are currently going elsewhere with their education, work ethic, professionalism, and intellect, and those who are "satisfied" with the state of the profession today would have never been hired.

Sorry but I Paid nothing close to 100k for my training. I trained when
Flying/gas was much cheaper. I paid my loans off many years ago. Just because someone blows a bunch of money
To be a pilot does not make them special by any means. Every person has free choice to how and what they pay for their profession of choice

Everyone trumps the importance of voting yet when you vote how you feel you are subject to ridicule. I Do not want to strike. I want to reduce the total number of RJs and allow a few larger airplanes. Delta is succesul and we can also do the same. I do not want to strike but on the off chance we get released(gets more unlikely the worse the economy gets) I will respect it. At the end of the day paying Mx fees only is stupid. I have to pay almost the same per month yet I do not get to vote on the issues. I hope delta can get rid of ALPA and then the new united
Can also dump ALPA. It will be a glorious day

Keep dreamin ALPA is stayin. JP will be goin though.

Flamebait. Just blow him away...

Fixed it for ya, He/it is a former SKYW thing, who drank so deeply of the kool-aid that his brain permanently froze. He is a Frank Lorenzo admirer, and will only learn when forced, even a furlough didn't school him/it.

A furlough was simply part of the game. I was fully aware of the risks/consequences of jumping ship. It is still much better to be in control of ones destiny than praying that contracts get extended every few years. With all the retirements on the horizon I will be just fine. Still Anti-ALPA and proud. I had contigency plans for furlough and lived well below my means so I could weather the storm. Still a big FAT NO until our UAL AND CAL MECs start trying to make this merger like Delta rather than the next US Airways fiasco.

My vote is no way. Asking for 50 seaters only scope is simply a pipe dream. Delta is doing very well and they have 76 seaters. We need get over ourselves and allow 70 seaters WITH THE CONDITION that if there is any fleet reduction then the 70 seaters get parked too. We have leverage so we can get some firm language. Anyone who thinks we will get released by the NMB needs to lay off the meds. We are the largest airline in the world. No chance we will ever strike so we need to come back down to earth first. No chance in hell they ever release us with the economy so fragile.

I guess the strike worked out for you pretty well in '83 eh? Your mentality is the reason why this profession is a fraction of what it should be.

I am doing quite well. House already paid off so I am doing just fine. I will survive with or without a strike. I am already satisfied so I do not need to hear lectures about being underpaid. Again I will be fine either way. Good faith is simply a silly buzz word to me but if you think you are getting screwed over then more power to you

This post just proves your scab mentality. ITS ALL ABOUT YOU. Piss off you scab.

Hey Newman I'm too lazy to check but are you paying dues? If you sure look clever bragging about being ANTI ALPA PROUD yet still pay dues. If you aren't well that says all about your potential as a scabbie.

Btw I always felt bad for the 147 which is why I donated to the Xmas fund and supported the assessment. Forgot you were in that group so I guess I felt bad for 146. As for you I'm THRILLED Fred laid off your wanna be scab bum! Keep running your mouth. You are going fit in great with the UAL guys.

Last edited:
On a side note you bet I will pick up open time if offered, after all I need to pad the bank account on the very slim chance we do get released

Is this f---ing idiot for real? No wonder our staffing still sucks - it's pseudo-scabs like you that constantly save the company while the QOL continues to slide. Go back to giving hand-jobs to Jeff so he can keep your name in the hat for a management job. Dick.

Latest resources

Back