United Strike Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HelloNewman

My vote is no way. Asking for 50 seaters only scope is simply a pipe dream. Delta is doing very well and they have 76 seaters. We need get over ourselves and allow 70 seaters WITH THE CONDITION that if there is any fleet reduction then the 70 seaters get parked too. We have leverage so we can get some firm language. Anyone who thinks we will get released by the NMB needs to lay off the meds. We are the largest airline in the world. No chance we will ever strike so we need to come back down to earth first. No chance in hell they ever release us with the economy so fragile.

The economy is not fragile, we made 1.4 BILLION in PROFIT last year. Our CEO just tripled his salary, time to get your head out the sand. We may never get released to self help, so what does voting to strike have to do with that? And what does it have to do with the way you vote?

Hmmm

My vote is no way. Asking for 50 seaters only scope is simply a pipe dream. Delta is doing very well and they have 76 seaters. We need get over ourselves and allow 70 seaters WITH THE CONDITION that if there is any fleet reduction then the 70 seaters get parked too. We have leverage so we can get some firm language. Anyone who thinks we will get released by the NMB needs to lay off the meds. We are the largest airline in the world. No chance we will ever strike so we need to come back down to earth first. No chance in hell they ever release us with the economy so fragile.

You sir, are a tool. What posible value was this post? I'm assuming you are a management pilot, so we can't expect more.
Scope will be tricky but we need to look to decrease reliance on outsourced jobs using the Delta TA as a stepping stone.
Lastly, there is zero value to vote "no". What message does it send? It is not some sort of binding vote that will force anything. It shows solidarity among our ranks. The NMB will do what they will.
Maybe you had one too many Friday night beers.

I have had a good dose of logic. The dollar is WEAK. This so called recovery is pretty much a farce. Delta scope is a good example to live by. We need to allow 70 seat planes and reduce regional capacity overall. I said it 5 years ago that regionals are pretty much 100 % dependant on the majors and NOT a place to make a career. That being said we need to be realistic. I very much hope that we do not get released ever. I am almost 100% certain we will not be released. Ever heard the words too big to fail? Falling on a sword is a pointless endeavor. ALPA must go for their brainwashing tactics. BTW I still need to throw a party for my former SkyWesters.

Ferg? Is that you?

I dunno who Ferg is but my strike vote is a giant no. I do not want to strike that is simply how I feel. I will honor the picket line becaue of peer pressure not because of my beliefs.

I have had a good dose of logic. The dollar is WEAK. This so called recovery is pretty much a farce. Delta scope is a good example to live by. We need to allow 70 seat planes and reduce regional capacity overall. I said it 5 years ago that regionals are pretty much 100 % dependant on the majors and NOT a place to make a career. That being said we need to be realistic. I very much hope that we do not get released ever. I am almost 100% certain we will not be released. Ever heard the words too big to fail? Falling on a sword is a pointless endeavor. ALPA must go for their brainwashing tactics. BTW I still need to throw a party for my former SkyWesters.

Where is the logic in giving up over 5000 seats worth of 76 seat a/c and in return the company will give back less than a 1000 seats of 50 seat a/c over the life of the contract? That is a net loss of over 4000 seats flown by someone else, in addition to what is already being outsourced. That's what Delta's scope looks like on paper! You think the UA pilots should roll over because you think the sky is falling? Sounds like a scab I just flew with.

Not a scab because there will be no strike. Any United pilot that thinks there will be a release needs a psych eval. The sky is not falling but times are not all that great either. Scope needs to be loosened and tightend at the same time. We need to dump unprofitable 50 seaters and allow 70 seaters. BTW we (Continental) lost the scope battle. Despite our arbitration victory I still see 70 seaters in IAH and EWR. I do not want to see a strike but I would honor a picket line due to threats and intimidation by the vocal minority. It doesn't really matter because we will never be released. Too big to fail is the new buzz word in the US and A

I dunno who Ferg is but my strike vote is a giant no. I do not want to strike that is simply how I feel. I will honor the picket line becaue of peer pressure not because of my beliefs.

Wow! Are you from the CAL side? Curious when you joined? Just WOW!

I do not want to see a strike but I would honor a picket line due to threats and intimidation by the vocal minority.

Wow! If there is a strike it would be put into place by the MAJORITY. If you cross the line there will be threats and intimidation by the MAJORITY. Check out the United Chicago crew room one of these days. The dirtbag scabs have to padlock their flight bags to this day. Don't kid yourself thinking you'd smarter than everyone else chief. Maybe you should start re-evaluating if this profession is for you.

Latest resources

Back