• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United outsourcing pilot jobs with codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
don't listen to the midwest pilots who have been shouting bloody murder for the last three months. same shiite, different affected people.

As long as they are paying ALPA dues it is not outsourcing. I may have missed it somewhere, but I have yet to see ALPA say anything about the many Legacy pilots losing their jobs to lower paying regionals. If this is not a conflict of interest on ALPA'S part than I don't know what is.

SkyWest isn't ALPA. ALPA has nothing to do with this. It comes down to mainline pilots selling high-paying positions for percieved job security. When it didn't work out they say "They took our jobs!"

SkyWest isn't ALPA. ALPA has nothing to do with this. It comes down to mainline pilots selling high-paying positions for percieved job security. When it didn't work out they say "They took our jobs!"

I nominate for best post of the year....

this really does say it all

This debate amazes me, I always hear "we;ll have to work on that the nest contract, or it's not the best economic time to work for that, or we'll never get that to pass, it will cost to much." Let's stop blamming ALPA for out local leaderships failures to get a water tight scope. Once the "major" airline pilots decide to use their leverage...while they still have it aka Midwest...and bring ALL flying under their company you will be worn down to nothing but a shell.

It's time for our local reps and our own pilot groups to say at all costs we will bring ALL brand flying under our contract, and we will fight another day to get back what we lost to get this done.

Isn't this what happened back when there was a b scale?

Mainline MEC's give (alleged) management small jet flying for a few reasons, including pay and pension protection, furlough protection(flowbacks), or negotiating credit to be used elsewhere.
Central to the rationale by the mainline pilots was the perception that small turbo-prop or jet flying to small rural cities was beneath their status. Most of them came up through the squadrons, and had little or no small aircraft work in their backgrounds.

But I state the obvious...what can't be explained is why alpa lets it go on? Ask the negotiators and the alpa lawyers, I guess. I presume they do not want to make a stand and get the flying back, it would cost too much negotiating capital at section 6 time.

I've seen it from both sides now. At a regional for years, stuck there post 9-11, now furloughed from UAL. I can understand it when business slows down, but to lose your job to outsourcing? That is on alpa's shoulders.

The United bankruptcy is a classic case of what happens when you are unwilling to walk away from the table, and keep offering concessions.

I love alpa, but I hate it too...

I'm sorry, but I do blame ALPA. What is the point of a national union that is splintered? For crying out loud, create one payrate for each type and the whipsaw ends.

I'm sorry, but I do blame ALPA. What is the point of a national union that is splintered? For crying out loud, create one payrate for each type and the whipsaw ends.

Exactly my point, how is it that ALPA has everyones best interest in mind. Although, ALPA only really helps the top 25% wage earners at the Legacy carriers. That's where the bigger chunck of dues comes from.

It says:

Industry analysts said the deal, which requires U.S. regulatory approval, will increase U.S. tourist and business traffic through Ireland at the expense of neighboring Britain, where increased security delays — and chronic problems at Heathrow Airport in particular — have made Europe-bound travelers seek a different hub.

Then it goes on to say:

Aer Lingus flies into four of United's U.S. hubs: Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington.

I hearby nominate the author for the dumba$$ of the year award.

No, your not. But if there wasn't SJS, wh%^$, and wh%^$ wages out there, then it wouldn't be problem would it?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back