Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skippy

at this rate-- we'll never get back---

maybe alpa can win one- but i highly doubt it-- it seems the company keeps exploiting the non negotiated "contract" and now the loopholes are presenting themselves-- woo ho0

they didnt even ask the furloughees if they wanted a job-- darnet

“The day after reporting one of its worst quarterly financial results in history and after furloughing an additional 254 pilots (bringing the total to 606 pilots), United Airlines announced today that it has entered into what it calls an “innovative” partnership with Aer Lingus.[/font]
[FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif']“Aer Lingus has advised the Irish press that this joint venture will operate an Aer Lingus aircraft with neither United nor Aer Lingus employees, under a separate operating certificate and under newly established wages and working conditions. Obviously, this partnership will be accomplished at the expense of United’s and Aer Lingus’ own pilots and other employees. This development, where United attempts to establish an airline operation without the use of United aircraft or employees, is nothing less than the outsourcing of jobs to an international company, and clearly demonstrates that this management continues to make business decisions without regard to its pilots and other employees. [/font]
[FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif']“The United pilots are exploring every option to put an end to the company’s blatant disregard and lack of loyalty to the United Airlines brand.” [/font][FONT='Arial', 'sans-serif'][/font]

ALPA: The Pilots Union

Last edited:
Isnt all the flying done by Mesa, Skywest, RAH, TSA, etc... already outsourced flying? Seems so, most of it is mainline flying for sub-standard pay.

sorry, i just cut and pasted the MEC blast email-- i too tried to find the info about third party pilots, but have been unable to confirm, but why woudl hte mec publish such drivel to the pilot group?

This is exactly what they do at some regionals. Outsource on another certificate...especially during contract negotiations. Wonder is ALPA thought this would happen. They cannot do a thing about it.

Wow they've done it. Why try to get you to cave on an already poor scope clause when they can enter into an "innovative" codeshare. This makes me want to vomit and I hate vomiting.

Can't you guys strike? You've gotta fight back somehow. This once great airline is going downt he toilet in rapid fashion. This is so sickening.

Isnt all the flying done by Mesa, Skywest, RAH, TSA, etc... already outsourced flying? Seems so, most of it is mainline flying for sub-standard pay.

As long as they are paying ALPA dues it is not outsourcing. I may have missed it somewhere, but I have yet to see ALPA say anything about the many Legacy pilots losing their jobs to lower paying regionals. If this is not a conflict of interest on ALPA'S part than I don't know what is.

Latest resources

Back