• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United outsourcing pilot jobs with codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, your not. But if there wasn't SJS, wh%^$, and wh%^$ wages out there, then it wouldn't be problem would it?

Ask yourself how you would make a living as a pilot if you started flying in the last 10 years. You can't get hired at a Legacy without having first flown those shiny jets. I'd fly a Cessna 172 for decent pay and work rules as I'm sure most regional pilots would.

I'm sorry, but I do blame ALPA. What is the point of a national union that is splintered? For crying out loud, create one payrate for each type and the whipsaw ends.

Yes and No. You have to take into account work rules or lack thereof at some airlines and EVERYONE needs to be unionized under the SAME union. Then the union can refuse to sign TA's unless it meets said payrate for whatever type aircraft. ALPA's too stupid and too stuck in the 80's to think of this.

Ask yourself how you would make a living as a pilot if you started flying in the last 10 years. You can't get hired at a Legacy without having first flown those shiny jets. I'd fly a Cessna 172 for decent pay and work rules as I'm sure most regional pilots would.

I started in the right seat of a 19 seater for 11.50 an hr in , worked my way up to left seat brasilia. I built my pic and then got hired at UAL and made the mistake of going. There were maybe 10 rjs on property then. I started 14 yrs ago and look what is happening. This career sucks. Now, all see is crj 700, emb 170, and emb145 flying my routes, parking at my gates. What would be the sentiment of all your flying going back to the legacies and you were thrown onto the streets. I once had a regional guy sitting in my jumpseat and telling me that if I wanted to work at his company(one of my previous employers) that I needed to go to the bottom of the seniority list, because everyone has to start at the bottom and pay their dues. I told I would gladly take his job and that his company would not have to buy me a captains uniform because I already have one. This guy didn't even start flying until I was well into my first furlough. That is why I have the attitude towards regionals, according to this guy and many others I am sure, I haven't PAID MY DUES YET? Sure I could start in the right seat of an EMB 170 for 23 hr, but it wouldn't support the family. I would have to fly with someone who doesn't even know what a EMB110 Bandit is or let alone shave.

I started in the right seat of a 19 seater for 11.50 an hr in , worked my way up to left seat brasilia. I built my pic and then got hired at UAL and made the mistake of going. There were maybe 10 rjs on property then. I started 14 yrs ago and look what is happening. This career sucks. Now, all see is crj 700, emb 170, and emb145 flying my routes, parking at my gates. What would be the sentiment of all your flying going back to the legacies and you were thrown onto the streets. I once had a regional guy sitting in my jumpseat and telling me that if I wanted to work at his company(one of my previous employers) that I needed to go to the bottom of the seniority list, because everyone has to start at the bottom and pay their dues. I told I would gladly take his job and that his company would not have to buy me a captains uniform because I already have one. This guy didn't even start flying until I was well into my first furlough. That is why I have the attitude towards regionals, according to this guy and many others I am sure, I haven't PAID MY DUES YET? Sure I could start in the right seat of an EMB 170 for 23 hr, but it wouldn't support the family. I would have to fly with someone who doesn't even know what a EMB110 Bandit is or let alone shave.

The route you take in life is your choice. Take a look at your post and tell us what the theme is.

1) I made the mistake of going to UAL
2) my .........., my ..........., my ...........

The route you take in life is your choice. Take a look at your post and tell us what the theme is.

1) I made the mistake of going to UAL
2) my .........., my ..........., my ...........

I inderstand that, but piss ant pukes like you are benefiting from the shirt off my back and many others. The attitudes of you and rest of the "guppy Killer" crowd are what I am talking about. If you care to remember lowest bidder got the flying. If your wages weren't so cheap then the flying wouldn't be handed to your companies that simple. Yes MY, cause you were still popping zits when I was flying those routes. Sorry got to go, got to get in line for my unemployment check.

I inderstand that, but piss ant pukes like you are benefiting from the shirt off my back and many others. The attitudes of you and rest of the "guppy Killer" crowd are what I am talking about. If you care to remember lowest bidder got the flying. If your wages weren't so cheap then the flying wouldn't be handed to your companies that simple. Yes MY, cause you were still popping zits when I was flying those routes. Sorry got to go, got to get in line for my unemployment check.
Boy this is a round robin argument, we have a job because you gave it to us. You don't have a job because you voted away scope for more pay. Instead of getting mad at the regional guys and gals, look in the mirror, and go slap the senior guys at UAL. That is your real problem, not us. We are a product of mainline greed, plain and simple.

ALPA member democracy rates:

14% ALPA-PAC
4% LEC attendance
30% LEC voter participation

We the pilots? I don't think so......

Bluefin, Let's check back with TAWS in about 10 years when he can shave, maybe by then he'll be out of Mommy & Daddy's house. Bet he'll still be flying that E170 though making the big bucks because there will be no more mainline jobs available thanks to all the outsourcing. But hey flying an RJ 8 legs a day forever is great.

Latest resources

Back