• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Furloughs 290 More Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And ALPA gets it's teeth kicked in . . . . . again. And all they do is sulk, complain, then get back into the airplane and be Tilton's b****.

This goes back to 1998
Close but not quite. Fall of 1999. UAL was in such a hiring boom during those years that one year equals several hundred pilots. The so-called 'final' planned round in November will go back to the summer of 1999.

And yes, nothing new here. All of these had been previously included in the official plan to furlough 1450 (950 active) bodies. The furloughs have been mitigated slightly by voluntary furloughs and LOA's by more senior pilots.

We'll know the the 8-ball when the November numbers are official.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at GoJets as furloughed pilots with 10 years of UA seniority end up in the right seats of CRJs. Yikes.

Last edited:
SFR is a troll. Just put him on ignore like the rest of us and please stop "quoting" his posts (which, as you found out, are typically incorrect).

God your a d@ck!

Say what? I was just asking if these were new furloughs, or furloughs that were already announced. The original poster said 290 MORE furloughs. Thanks for not understanding my post.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Also does this count the people that took Voluntary furlough..I know one guy who took an voluntary furlough and got a good load of $$$ to do so....does this number reflect those or are the fresh new?

Since the beginning of the year, Gojet has added at least 5 aircraft that I have noticed. It could be more...anybody out there have official numbers? At least they are hiring furloughed UAL guys instead of street hires with the addition of those new aircraft!

sl

Latest resources

Back