• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Furloughs 290 More Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many above the age of 65 over at UAL now??

AA767AV8TOR

How many can there be with the law not allowing anyone over the age of 65 to fly in Part 121 operations ? Could UAL flight Ops be violating the law by secretly allowing Pilots over the age of 65 to continue to work?

Sorry to hear the news. How many above the age of 65 over at UAL now??

AA767AV8TOR

I don't know about UAL but CAL has 147 on furlough and announced another 146 with just under 300 pilots over 60 still flying.................

I wonder if one number has anything to do with the other....:rolleyes:

The over 60 crowd claims they have nothing to do with the current round of furloughs?? That's convenient huh...

I don't know about UAL but CAL has 147 on furlough and announced another 146

not true..
What they announced back in July was that the latest bid had 146 pilots overstaffed. (not really, but the company would have you believe that).

In July they sent out another round of Potential Furlough letters (got mine for the 2nd year in a row) and at the middle of August they announced no furloughs.
Got enough COLA's, retirements and Reduced Flying Line volunteers to save the 146.

We do still have 147 on the street and I hope that the next bid will bring them back, or at least they're back by the summer 2010 flying schedule~

motch

UAL aprox 250 per year would have been retiring at 60 and now will begin again dec 2012. I believe Cal was about the same. It actully was listed here somewhere and matched the seniority list at ual and afriend at cal checked theirs informally

age 62 starts dec 2009

lets see what happens

Also does this count the people that took Voluntary furlough..I know one guy who took an voluntary furlough and got a good load of $$$ to do so....does this number reflect those or are the fresh new?

To the best of my knowledge voluntary furloughs received no incentive money.

Latest resources

Back