• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Furloughs 290 More Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's all right, General, we all know what a great guy you are. There's not a single egocentric, self serving bone in your body.

What does that have to do with these furloughed pilots? I like to debate, and it can get heated, but if you can't take it, then don't debate. I enjoy my job and have some strong opinions on things. I certainly don't make fun of furloughed pilots, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I noticed the alpa spokesman did not mention the change to age 65 as a reason for the furlough's.

thank you!!

Too much of this world rewards the mighty elite of its ranks and sh-ts on the bottom guy just trying to make a living.

I think it said these were previously announced, right? These pilots did know about it, and this isn't a new announcement, right? Just getting the facts straight. Good luck to all of those involved.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Gen,

After 41 posts ....no one even attempted to answer your question....

Yes they all are from parking the 737's...and no this is not a new group than what was originally announced. Hopefully they get a 737 replacement that is not called an RJ....right now there is a gap from 70 seats(rj) to 140ish with the A320-319. I think there will be something fill that seat space.

Yes they all are from parking the 737's.... Hopefully they get a 737 replacement that is not called an RJ....right now there is a gap from 70 seats(rj) to 140ish with the A320-319. I think there will be something fill that seat space.

Yes, and it looks like Continental.....

Gen,

After 41 posts ....no one even attempted to answer your question....

Yes they all are from parking the 737's...and no this is not a new group than what was originally announced. Hopefully they get a 737 replacement that is not called an RJ....right now there is a gap from 70 seats(rj) to 140ish with the A320-319. I think there will be something fill that seat space.

Wow, nobody answered my post, oh well. I had an honest question and wanted to know if it was 290 ADDITIONAL furloughs on top of what was already announced. That's it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow General over the years u have really made it so any post with your name attached has everyone pre rigged to pounce on your arse. Or at least take your words with more grains of salt than others.

BTW, the General was answered on the first page, post 13, by Bluechunks. I agree with hmmm, there does seem to be some kind of whiplash that happens whenever the General writes. I've read lots of cutting remarks from him, but I've never read him ridicule the furloughed. And there is nothing wrong with him being protectionist about his own company and fellow pilots. Who wouldn't rather their friends and fellow employees keep their jobs instead of contract pilots? Of course, I kinda work for a bottom of the barrel contractor, don't like the thought of being furloughed, but still understand why any pilot at Delta would feel the way they do.

I still don't see what the General said that was so offensive at the beginning of this post. Sounded like he was actually confirming that the 290 was not incremental to what UAL had previously stated. Just confirming. But really, who cares?

I realize people are all very sensitive nowadays for good reason but c'mon. How about we return to the original subject of this post...

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Furloughs[/FONT][/FONT]
As mentioned in previous editions of the Flight Plan, the next furlough of 290 pilots, of
which 147 are actively flying, will occur on September 16, 2009. I’m pleased to
announce that 44 pilots volunteered for this furlough, and 23 of them were of sufficient
seniority to mitigate involuntary furloughs.
In addition to the September furlough, we will have a furlough of 177 pilots, of which 91
are actively flying, on October 14, 2009. We currently have 12 pilots who have applied
for voluntary furlough.
At this time we are also announcing a furlough of 100 pilots on November 11, 2009, of
which 55 are actively flying. This furlough group will complete the pilot furlough plan
associated with the 100 aircraft retirements announced in June 2008. The senior pilot to
be furloughed will be seniority number 6393, although this threshold will become more
junior if there are additional senior volunteers for furlough. This will be the last
opportunity to volunteer for furlough, with a deadline of September 30, 2009 @ 0900
central time. You can indicate your interest in a voluntary furlough by transmitting
DIS*41971 or by sending an email

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back