• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Furloughs 290 More Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To the best of my knowledge voluntary furloughs received no incentive money.

He may have been referring to the guys that were on Military leave, took the recall, and then got paid not to show up to class because they were going to get furloughed anyways. I know at least one guy that did this...got a couple months pay out of United even though he had no intention of ever coming back from his cushy ART job.

United furloughs its own pilots while adding Denver routes with RJ's.

Gotta love that.

Gup

No **ite, and UAL pilots stand by and let their brothers get booted out the door. As long as its not them right....?

Im just waiting for Southwest, Virgin, Aer Lingus to start hiring so I can help put them out of business

Last edited:
I agree, I didn't read anything malicious into the General's comment.

I guess I could have stated my first post a little clearer, but I in no way would ever make fun of any furloughed pilots. I was just trying to ask if this announcement was a NEW announcement for additional furloughs. And then I wished them good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee

He may have been referring to the guys that were on Military leave, took the recall, and then got paid not to show up to class because they were going to get furloughed anyways. I know at least one guy that did this...got a couple months pay out of United even though he had no intention of ever coming back from his cushy ART job.

maybe we know the same guy.

I guess I could have stated my first post a little clearer, but I in no way would ever make fun of any furloughed pilots.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Really General? Well, if you say so, it must be true.......

You must be a different General than the guy I'm thinking of. Not only has that guy made fun of furloughed pilots, he's shown utter disgust for them, and implied that their ALPA negotiated, unlimited recall rights were totally worthless.

Yeah, you must be a different guy.

Isn't the Internet great? No accountability for anything, not even your own words :)

I guess I could have stated my first post a little clearer, but I in no way would ever make fun of any furloughed pilots. I was just trying to ask if this announcement was a NEW announcement for additional furloughs. And then I wished them good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That's all right, General, we all know what a great guy you are. There's not a single egocentric, self serving bone in your body.

Really General? Well, if you say so, it must be true.......

You must be a different General than the guy I'm thinking of. Not only has that guy made fun of furloughed pilots, he's shown utter disgust for them, and implied that their ALPA negotiated, unlimited recall rights were totally worthless.

Yeah, you must be a different guy.

Isn't the Internet great? No accountability for anything, not even your own words :)

Yeah, whatever dude. I have only be pro-furloughed pilot----never made fun of any furloughees. I want you to search for me making fun of any of them, and try not to "touch it up" yourself. You will be looking for a LONG time. I had many friends who were furloughed after 9-11, and saw a lot of pain out there. Start your search NOW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back