• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UNITED changing name to United Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a respectable world if a regional received more flying due to mainline contraction, furloughed should get 100% of the jobs with full seniority-(top of the list)

They come with the flying, they should get first dibs on that flying. Otherwise the regional pilots are the ones that benefit at their expense.

This coming from a junior Regional captain that doesn't feel it's right to gain any QOL increase at the expense of....essentially my forefathers. I don't want to fly left seat to some guy thats been at mainline for 5 years. Nor do I think its right to have a better sked than him....especially if he brought added flying over with him. No BS there.

?????????????????????????????????

Why don't you guys just negotiate to fly the RJs at United mainline. You are losing 100 airplanes - if your company wants them replaced with 170s or CRJs than you guys do whatever it takes to get them on your own certificate.

Yeah if you want to be a regional pilot as a career...

This is what the RJ's have done. Many folks are happy with 80-100k a year, with 3 to 4 vaction slots living in base.

Hmmmm, I can't blame those that haven't moved on to a major. Believe me, I have applied at a few Majors and I for one am still lucky to have my Regional Job in this state of the Airline industry. That mainline job isn't what it was 10-15 years ago.

We can only hope that working at a major will one day be a dream job again.

This is what the RJ's have done. Many folks are happy with 80-100k a year, with 3 to 4 vaction slots living in base.

It isnt what it used to be for alot of reasons, one of which is that we as pilots are whores!!!

Pay for training, will fly for food, no pay, buying time in an airplane... the hits keep coming.

I am by no way saying this is the only reason, but it doesn't help. No offense to people at regionals but if we keep shooting for attitudes of "More RJs great..." then we reap what we sew...

It isnt what it used to be for alot of reasons, one of which is that we as pilots are whores!!!

Pay for training, will fly for food, no pay, buying time in an airplane... the hits keep coming.

I am by no way saying this is the only reason, but it doesn't help. No offense to people at regionals but if we keep shooting for attitudes of "More RJs great..." then we reap what we sew...

Believe me I don't disagree with you. Those RJ's have brought nothing good to this industry. I am still stuck on a Dash 8 and cringe when I see a E170/175 and realize that the crew makes about the same as my crew on a 37 seat Prop.

The E-Jets should have been a mainline plane! Who do you blame by allowing it to be flown at the regionals? You can't blame the pilots that fly them. I blame ALPA and Mainline Pilots that allowed those planes to be flown at the Regionals.

I am still stuck on a Dash 8 and cringe when I see a E170/175 and realize that the crew makes about the same as my crew on a 37 seat Prop.

5 year scales:

Piedmont Dash-8(300) CA: $56/hour
Republic E175 CA: $77/hour

15 year scales:
Piedmont Dash-8 (300) CA: $72/hour
Republic E175 CA: $105/hour

I wouldn't exactly say "about the same"...

Latest resources

Back