• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UNITED changing name to United Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can demand Captain slots when we are hiring when I can demand Captain slots at your airline when you are hiring. If that's the case, sign me up.

can we say anything but MESA sucks on every board here comeon we all know they do !! lets me more construtive with our posts and replies!! how about skyworst sucks for once

I've never worked at Skywest, but I've heard that it used to be a good place to work. I've never heard that about Mesa.

Most people at Skyw have heard the rumor of the UAL_SKYW_UAL guy that was told during IOE why in the he!! did he ever come back to UAL having come from SkyW. Not that I am gloating, but it is pretty good for a REGIONAL job......

Is that you PK?

In a respectable world if a regional received more flying due to mainline contraction, furloughed should get 100% of the jobs with full seniority-(top of the list)

They come with the flying, they should get first dibs on that flying. Otherwise the regional pilots are the ones that benefit at their expense.

This coming from a junior Regional captain that doesn't feel it's right to gain any QOL increase at the expense of....essentially my forefathers. I don't want to fly left seat to some guy thats been at mainline for 5 years. Nor do I think its right to have a better sked than him....especially if he brought added flying over with him. No BS there.

I see what you are saying relief, but your company may or may not be obligated to UAL or any other specific major. When you sign up for a company you are senior from day one unless you are the last guy for the class. Why should someone who MIGHT, regarless of seniority, fly for the major carrier be entitled to more seniority than you as a captain or FO and potentially displace your position as captain just because they ALLOW you to fly for them as a regional? Happened to Eagle and ExpressJet after 9/11. They hated life because organic FO's were not able to upgrade for YEARS because mainline guys flowed down into captain positions. This becomes a wrong imparted on our FO's who are rightfully entitled to the positions. Where is the proper seniority in that? Your forefathers are the guys who came to, made a difference, and LEFT your specific airline in a seniority based order, not guys who were given positions out of that order for the benefit of the major airline. United pilots, or other airline pilots, do not have benefits at your airline, which may not be wholly entitled to UAL. They are united pilots who want to get a interim job until UAL provides for a better life. If the mainline guys want jobs, fine, not a problem. But they should start as anyone who gets a job at any airline, junior as an FO. After 9/11, UAL guys were brought on our property and before they left some were captains. They earned it, it was not given to them. They respected the positions they were in, and for the most part were REALLY GOOD pilots for our airline.

Didn't ALPA use similar rhetoric with regard to the last J4J scheme about demanding the left seat and came away with second year FO pay instead?
There's an ebb and flow and now isn't the time for ALPA to be think it's in the drivers seat.

If UAL wants more RJ's then they better be ready to staff them with UAL pilots. The 50 seaters are history and you better believe that the 2172 furloughed the last go around will be DEMANDING LEFT SEAT Captain slots on any new RJ's for Express.

I know UAL-ALPA is already working on this.

This isn't directed directly at you Sonny Crocket, but how about the UAL guys grow a set and strike unless your demands to get the RJs on property are met?

If you want top senoirity on any new airframes, simple, have your airline buy them and fly them on your certificate. If you want my airline to buy them, pound sand.

In a respectable world if a regional received more flying due to mainline contraction, furloughed should get 100% of the jobs with full seniority-(top of the list)

They come with the flying, they should get first dibs on that flying. Otherwise the regional pilots are the ones that benefit at their expense.

This coming from a junior Regional captain that doesn't feel it's right to gain any QOL increase at the expense of....essentially my forefathers. I don't want to fly left seat to some guy thats been at mainline for 5 years. Nor do I think its right to have a better sked than him....especially if he brought added flying over with him. No BS there.

I don't want to see Mainline furloughs and I don't want to see regional growth. But Mainline managers screwed up and Regional pilots shouldn't be screwed over by loss of seniority due to J4J. I purposely have not moved on yet because I didn't want to get furloughed. I'll make the jump later, but any of the guys that are in the furlough groups of the mainline pilots took a risk. They risked their seniority at their old jobs to jump to something bigger, at the bottom of a seniority list. The risk of being at the bottom of a seniority list is furlough. I wouldn't wish a furlough on my worst enemy, but it is what it is. If they want to fly their pilots in rj's, they should buy rj's and put them on the mainline certificate.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back