• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United career progression

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From someone who has lived in the NW most of there life (with a stint in DC, LA and Colorado) I am one of those people that think Seattle (or the nw) is awesome. Yes it rains (alot) but when it is clear the it is so blue and the mountains are awesome. Lots to do if you are into the outdoors. Plus the rain makes everything super green. The summers and falls here are nice...not to hot. mostly in the 80's. Cost of living is still reasonable. Plus most people who "live" in seattle probably live in the outlying towns. And if you are a pilot and only have to commute into work once a week its not bad and you can probably get trips where you miss the traffic. Plus a lot that live in the nw love the water and sail or are on the water in someway. ETC ETC ETC. :)

Last edited:
Today, I received the call I've been waiting for. United offered me a job.

I know that there is always a possibility of a furlough. It is the nature of our industry. No company is truly insulated and history has proven that what is the greatest company today might be out of business in the near future. But, with that being said, United is rebuilding and I believe that benefits for pilots will recover and improve. They may never again reach the heights of the mid-90's, but it will be 10 times better than what I have grown accustomed to in other companies.

I am thrilled, know that I will enjoy flying for United, and will be proud to wear the United uniform. I've wanted this for almost a decade and now I will have finally have my chance!
Congrats on the job! If there is anything us UA guys/gals can do to help, feel free to post your questions or just PM me.
ualdriver

ahhh, the ALPA half wings. I almost asked that. What if you are previous ALPA in good standing?

ahhh, the ALPA half wings. I almost asked that. What if you are previous ALPA in good standing?

You are still in good standing but you will still get a United apprentice card while on probation. So as long as new hire pay is so crappy, you WEAR THE HALF WING!!!! I know of very few who will let a halfwinger pay for beer. Some traditions are sill worth hanging on to.

Thanks for the info.

I'd proudly were that 'half wing' if provided the opportunity to fly with you guys.

cheers.

G

Thanks for the info.

I'd proudly were that 'half wing' if provided the opportunity to fly with you guys.

cheers.

G

If you like to surf you will fit right in! We have a bunch of beach boys around here.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back