• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United career progression

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UAL driver, Can you give the details of what all was given back to the 320/300 crews in the last agreement about 1 week ago concerning work rules,min day, line guarentee, ect...thanks.

I'll do my best but I am not a contract expert by any means. Basically it gets rid of the LCO for all practical intents and purposes. It gives us various levels of duty rigs that we never had before (1:2, 1:1.75, 1:4 TAFB). It gives us a line guarantee for the month that protects us from lost pay due to cancellations or anything else. There's also some potential extra pay to be earned if you get reassigned and return to your domicile later than you were previously supposed to. It's very valuable to us LCO guys because it was extremely common to lose pay due to cancellations through no fault of your own. It's also wasn't unheard of to get stuck flying 11 hr., 3 day trips or 7 hr., 2 day trips, for example, so the new TA will protect us from that. I know for me it will be worth at least a few thousand dollars a year in extra pay. And for junior LCO guys, it may be worth even more as they were often the guys getting stuck flying crappy paying trips.

Thanks for all the info. I appreciate both sides. Right now I am in the middle of the interviewing process. And, with any luck, I'll have a decision to make. I am stuck where I live, and it's not a domicile, so I'd be commuting. Work rules and a better contract would sure make the commute that much easier. My concern is ofcourse the possibility of a merger leading to a furlough; but, like I've heard many, many times (and told my wife myself) you just never know if you made the right choice until it's time to retire.

Thanks again for the info.

Well, good luck with your decision. It's not an easy decision to come here for many. If you have any more questions, just post or PM me and I'll try to answer them. There's also quite a few UA guys on here that can probably add perspective as well.

As somone who was furloughed from UAL for 5+ years, all I can say is: you've got a lot to learn, tool.

Anybody could get furloughed at any airline. Why restate the obvious? My point was, the original poster wanted advice, and I don't think your post served anybody. Sorry you got furloughed. Sucks when it happens to anybody and I hope it doesn't happen again. But I don't think that just because I'm not counting on it means I've got a lot to learn.

Today, I received the call I've been waiting for. United offered me a job.

I know that there is always a possibility of a furlough. It is the nature of our industry. No company is truly insulated and history has proven that what is the greatest company today might be out of business in the near future. But, with that being said, United is rebuilding and I believe that benefits for pilots will recover and improve. They may never again reach the heights of the mid-90's, but it will be 10 times better than what I have grown accustomed to in other companies.

I am thrilled, know that I will enjoy flying for United, and will be proud to wear the United uniform. I've wanted this for almost a decade and now I will have finally have my chance!

It gives us various levels of duty rigs that we never had before (1:2, 1:1.75, 1:4 TAFB).

We had better rigs before...before our ch11 "contract". I hardly flew a hard time trip on the guppy back then. But this TA is a step in the right direction.

I know that there is always a possibility of a furlough. It is the nature of our industry. No company is truly insulated and history has proven that what is the greatest company today might be out of business in the near future. But, with that being said, United is rebuilding and I believe that benefits for pilots will recover and improve. They may never again reach the heights of the mid-90's, but it will be 10 times better than what I have grown accustomed to in other companies.

I am thrilled, know that I will enjoy flying for United, and will be proud to wear the United uniform. I've wanted this for almost a decade and now I will have finally have my chance!

congrats dude, best of luck to you!

Congrats Violet!

Enjoy the dinner first week of class and getting your wings. Don't forget to take a jacket and tie to class for that evening so you can frame the picture for the day you received your United Wings.

Half wings received the next evening.

Carreer may not be what it used to be but there doesn't seem to be anything else better out there right now that we have a choice on.

CONGRATS!

welcome to the "club"

Beer is on us for your probation year so wear the half wings with PRIDE!

767 F/O

SEA is probably our most senior base. Need about 10 years, just to hold Guppy F/O!

I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me.

What is the attraction to SEA? I have been there several times and I just don't understand it. Housing is expensive, it is rainy and overcast 9 out 10 days, its a b-i-itch to get around, and near as I can tell, jobs don't pay any better there than they do elsewhere. Yet everyone I meet thinks that SEA is the nearest thing to heaven on earth.

Can anyone offer some perspective?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back