• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Captain Off Loads F/A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I'll liven this up. That guy had better have a valid reason that the purser was endangering the safety of his flight. If he can't come up with one, than the guy is a flaming arsehole for inconveniencing a whole plane load of passengers because he didn't like someones behavior. A Captain is paid to deal with problems and not throw temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way.
If the purser was not doing their job, by all means write him/her up. Making an unscheduled landing to prove a point is extremely unprofessional, proves pilots really are prima donna's and does nothing to enhance the "Captains Authority". It does seem to indicate that perhaps he doesn't have the emotional maturity to deal with adversity. Again, anyone can do this job when everything is normal, we get paid to deal with adversity calmly and effectivly. If you want to enhance "Captains Authority", you do so by being the person everyone knows they can count on to do the right thing when adversity strikes.
This reminds me of the UAL pilot who diverted because he didn't get a Captains crew meal, he was fired.

Let's see how it shakes out.

I once returned to the gate to drop kick an FA.

A friend of mine almost did the same thing as the UA pilot. The FO needed to use the head and the FA said that she would get to it when she was good and ready and then she refused to answer the intercom.

My friend then called to the back and told them that the FA needed to come to the flight deck NOW. She arrived with her attitude intact and he told her she could shape up immediately or he would divert and kick her ass off the plane.

Luckily for her she did change her toon. Had she continued along her chosen path he damn well should have landed short and thrown her off.

I remember jumpseating once on a UA 57, and after introducing myself to the CA and FO, I stood to the side to let the CA talk to the Purser about some issue before we left. Halfway through the conversation, the Purser got steamed about something then slammed the cockpit doort shut. The CA looks at me then at the FO and says "well at least my day is starting out right" I thought he was going to have words with her, but he just let he be.

I remember jumpseating once on a UA 57, and after introducing myself to the CA and FO, .

I was jumpseating on a UA 767. Waiting to talk to the Purser, who was in the back of the plane, and another FA told me to sit in First. I waited for the Purser, she was still in the back....this other FA told me "Im working business, just go grab a seat in business". I sat in business without talking to the Purser.

On the pushback, the Purser told me "I want you to take a seat in coach after the seatbelt sign is turned off". She was pissed that I sat in business without her approval. I told her the other FA told me to sit here....didnt care.

Shortly after takeoff, she came back and said "you can stay here".

After the flight.....the captain apologized to ME. He heard about the FAs fighting about where I sat (they actually took the fight to the cockpit, where he had to tell them to get back to work)....he was embarrased, and apologized.

...Just another good jumpseating story.

I guess I misread the title...........

I thought that it said "Capt dumps load in FA" - I was thinking since when would that make headlines on FI.com ????

:laugh:

United FAs are by far the worst of the worst. What a bunch of battle pigs. Glad to see the CA demonstrate who is actually in charge of an aircraft for once. It should happen more often. If the majors were smart, they would require extremely physical recurrents in the name of safety - swimming, lifting etc. Weed out the 300lb grandmothers.

I've never once had a bad ride on United, ever. But on American it was always "take a seat in coach".

The overweight male F/A, having heard of the fight at Delta, probably wore the dress to work and got upset when the Captain suggested he was too big for the Size 18 dress.

"It escalated from there..."

Latest resources

Back